Options

Quick book question

blueoceansblueoceans Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Which CCENT book of Wendell Omon is the most up to date one?
I saw the ICND1 official exam guide Third Edition on Amazon, but what I'm reading is the CCENT/CCNA library and it says Second Edition. Am I reading an outdated book(s)?

Thank you very much.

Comments

• Options
    jdballingerjdballinger Member Posts: 252
    Third edition is the most recent, released back in February I believe. To be honest, I can't find enough difference between the two to purchase third edition if you have access to second (I own third and have access to second through work.)

You should also consider using an alternate source as well since Odom's books can get a bit dry and technical (don't get me wrong, I think they are your best option for sheer technical depth, but they read like a textbook in a lot of areas.) The general recommendation is Todd Lammle's book, which also isn't bad.

Consider too using a video source if you can work it into your schedule. I believe INE still has their CCNA videos for free, and they are magnificent for technical depth if you can stay awake through them. I don't know what your particular learning style is, but for me having multiple sources reinforces concepts.