Routed Access Layer Addressing Scheme

EildorEildor Member Posts: 444
Hi all,

In the processing of creating an addressing scheme for a design with a routed access layer... something which I have never done before.

I have created the addressing scheme, just not sure if it is valid. If someone is willing to have a quick look at it for me that would be fantastic. Just post here or PM me and I'll get back to you with the information.

Thank you.

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I usually just allocate a /27 to an access switch if its 24 ports. Leaves three IP's for an HSRP set up, one for the switch if you aren't managing out of a separate VLAN, and a few spares.

What did you have in mind?
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • EildorEildor Member Posts: 444
    48 port switches, so I'm using /26. But then there's voice, wireless, etc. I also need to leave space for growth. I screwed up my subnetting in the past (on this forum in fact!), so I just want to make sure my design is valid. If you have a minute I'll send it to you.
  • mattaumattau Member Posts: 218
    hey, I'm curious, I'd like to see it too as switching designs interest me and like to see how people do it. Could you pm it to me or post it up?

mattau wrote: »
    hey, I'm curious, I'd like to see it too as switching designs interest me and like to see how people do it. Could you pm it to me or post it up?

Sent. Please don't post it up anywhere though, because I'm going to be using it for my uni project!
    Thread can be closed. Many thanks networker050184; much appreciated.