Options

Skype Interview Tomorrow!

someasiandudesomeasiandude Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
According to the recruiter, the job is an new entry level tech job in one of the local hospitals, the job isn't even posted in the internet yet. Recruiter mentioned that the IT department mainly looks for personality above everything else, prolly because its entry level and theyre gonna train you. I am so nervous, dunno what to expect. I only have A+ certificate, but like everyone here, I pick-up on tech stuff extremely fast.

Just thought I'd share, I am so nervous, dunno what to expect. lol :D
A.S. - Computer Networking Student (Spring 2014)

CompTIA A+ (passed 10/2012) ----> CompTIA Net+ ----> CCENT :study: ---> CCNA ---> ???

Comments

• Options
    kgbkgb Member Posts: 380
    Good luck.
    Bachelor of Science, Information Technology (Software) - WGU
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Best piece of advice you will ever get: if you plan on standing up during the video interview, make sure you wear pants. Best of luck!
  • Options
    coreyb80coreyb80 Member Posts: 647 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Just be honest with them. Express your willingness to learn and that you're willing to learn at a quick pace.
    WGU BS - Network Operations and Security
    Completion Date: May 2021
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Best piece of advice you will ever get: if you plan on standing up during the video interview, make sure you wear pants. Best of luck!

Came here to say this!

Good luck!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    lol cyberguy

Good luck azndude! Your A+ shows initiative so take what you've learned and excel.
  • Options
    kgb wrote: »
    Good luck.

Lol I was about to go like this guy

17270-large-17270-6035975_700b_v1.jpg

CompTIA A+ (passed 10/2012) ----> CompTIA Net+ ----> CCENT :study: ---> CCNA ---> ???
  • Options
    So I have an interview with the IT director/manager tomorrow at the facility then if he likes me, I will have an interview with the IT team. I checked out their website and their healthcare IT department is top-notch. They even won several awards. I am still so nervous, this is my first IT interview ever. Should I wear a suit? I hate wearing a tie..

should i wear something like instead

business_casual_-_male4_0.jpeg

12666442673001589_lHPNcDTg_b.jpg

• Options
    kgbkgb Member Posts: 380
    You could drive by there today and see what people are wearing.

Not a fan of the suit/tie, but it's the safest bet when it comes to formal organizations like healthcare, etc.
    Bachelor of Science, Information Technology (Software) - WGU
  • Options
    coreyb80coreyb80 Member Posts: 647 ■■■■■□□□□□
    QHalo wrote: »
    Suit up.

I agree with this 110%. You only get one time to make a first impression. Definitely wear a suit.
    WGU BS - Network Operations and Security
    Completion Date: May 2021
  • Options
    XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good Luck!
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

• Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    QHalo wrote: »
    Suit up.

I came to join the "suit" team in the suits vs. non-suits b-ball game that will eventually develop with this thread.

Definitely suit up. Blazer, tie and shirt. (I would go with pants too...you never know, like cyberguypr said.) Since these people will be seeing you via Skype, then normal interview attire is required.

Best of luck in your interview!

[Let the games begin!]
  • Options
    zrockstarzrockstar Member Posts: 378
    Hey man, definitely use your computer to your advantage. I recently did a WebEx interview and had that up on my main monitor and had a whole slew of notes and open windows up on the other. Just quick glance stuff, don't rely on it, but have it there just in case you start stumbling or need some inspiration. This is especially helpful if it isn't a video interview, and if it is video, just use it inconspicuously. Remember to have a glass of water at your desk too. Skype interview doesn't necessarily mean video by the way, and it doesn't hurt to ask first.
  • Options
    danstardanstar Member Posts: 136
    Suit up bro.. and trust me, you're gonna be fine. All it takes is you know what you're saying and be ... extremely honest. Be blessed bro
    Preparing for CCNA Certification :study:
    Up Next: CCNP
    Onto the Next: CCNA Voice
    And Umm: CCNP Voice
  • Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    How did it go?
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    thanks for all the input

@carl its tomorrow with the IT director then hopefully theyll call me back for the 2nd interview

• Options
    Mjstokes90Mjstokes90 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on getting the interview! Knock 'em dead