Options

Passed 70 - 642

Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
Finally Passed my 70-642 with a 850+

Have been preparing for it on & off for more than 5 months . Happy that all the hard work has payed off

The resources i used were the

MS Press Book ( Second Edition )
Mastering Windows Server R2
PCTechStream
IT Free Training | Where free means free
CBT Nuggets along with Google

Had a lots of DNS Questions which threw me off a bit

I would advice lots of labbing for this exam . I had set up a Lab for this with mutiple DNS , NAP and RRAS Servers

I would be happy to help if anybody would need any advice on passing this exam

Thanks to all the TE Posts on the Windows Server 2008 Thread

Next Moving on to the 70-640 and may be will try to fit in the Prince 2 Foundation
Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".

Comments

• Options
    bgold87bgold87 Member Posts: 112
    Congrats, how heavy was subnetting? I also heard the VLSM was on there.
  • Options
    Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks without breaking the NDA i probably had 1 question on Subnetting and VLSM . Lots from DNS & RRAS . Are you planning to give it anytime soon ?
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
  • Options
    bgold87bgold87 Member Posts: 112
    Dr IT wrote: »
    Thanks without breaking the NDA i probably had 1 question on Subnetting and VLSM . Lots from DNS & RRAS . Are you planning to give it anytime soon ?

I just finished the 640 and planned on taking this in early Feb. I see your next up on the 640, it's not too bad. Stick to the Self Paced Training, Technet, and CBT nuggets and your golden.
  • Options
    cruwlcruwl Member Posts: 341 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass.
    The DNS part will come in handy for the 70-640, as its pretty DNS intensive as well.
  • Options
    fadhilfadhil Member Posts: 200
  • Options
    ChitownjediChitownjedi Member Posts: 578 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats, thanks for the listing of study materials... i am almost done with my 640, book, but plan to cover 642 material and another 640 before I take them early Jan, so this helps!