Options

On-Request Online QandA

jp3actiajp3actia Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
A+ OS is supposed to focus on the software aspect of controlling hardware, right? So whats the deal with all the questions about OSI layers? Isn't that supposed to be a Net+ area?

Anyways, anyone have a rundown on what exactly to focus on? Im using a Prentice Hall book at the moment... I don't have the book on me at the moment but its supposed to be a decent book to study from. Help me, anyone?
Knowledge is power, and I wanna be a GOD!

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    jp3actia wrote:
    A+ OS is supposed to focus on the software aspect of controlling hardware, right? So whats the deal with all the questions about OSI layers? Isn't that supposed to be a Net+ area?

As a technician, you should have an understanding of how to troubleshoot the problem and rule out the areas that do not pertain to the A+ knowledge base.

While it is for the covered in greater detail for the NET+, the A+ candidate does work with a few of the layers and therefore questions 'generally' about it are not out of the question.

jp3actica wrote:
    Anyways, anyone have a rundown on what exactly to focus on? Im using a Prentice Hall book at the moment... I don't have the book on me at the moment but its supposed to be a decent book to study from. Help me, anyone?

As covered in many threads here, the best place to know what to FOCUS on is by obtaining a copy of the A+ Objectives from Comptia.

You may also find Mike Meyers AIO book very helpful...many have (including myself).

Otherwise, please feel free to post specific questions in the forum and we'll help you out the best we can.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?