Options

Malware website

jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
Hi there,

I'm working on an assignment for malware analysis and I can't find any site where I can download malware and read what it does.
Anyone know where I can find a website where I can download malware? I'm just looking for something not really harmful and I'll
be running this in a VM.

I think it'll be safer if someone sent me a pm with the link so everyone online can't see and download this stuff.
Booya!!
WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
*****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****

Comments

• Options
    W StewartW Stewart Member Posts: 794 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Back when I was younger I used to get a virus everytime I went to Cameroid - Use your webcam to take photos online! visit at your own risk.

edit: I so didn't post that entire link up there.
  • Options
    dbrinkdbrink Member Posts: 180
    Try contagio. The downloaded files are zipped up and password protected so you have to contact the site's owner to get the password to the samples.
    Currently Reading: Learn Python The Hard Way
    http://defendyoursystems.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    There's a live list of malware sites here for research. I've never used but came across it a while back. Use with caution - support.clean-mx.com
  • Options
    jesseou812jesseou812 Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Go and get a 30-day membership to Usenet news, get a news reader like Forte' Free Agent. You will find all that you need and then some in the binary groups.

Beware.... This is a very dangerous part of cyberspace. Ever see The Road Worrier? The rules are pretty simple on Usenet. There are none.

One final tip if you elect to check out the dark side: alt does not stand for alternative. It stands for anarchist thieves and liars.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!!!

My buddy gave me the site: Open Malware | Community Malicious code research and analysis

jesseou812,
    I've never seen "The Road Worrier" I'll have to find it sometime.
    Thanks for the alt tip. I guess it's better to see the dangerous side of cyberspace instead
    of the dangerous side of the streets.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    No. No it's just as bad or worse.

Atleast on the streets they have cops to maybe care about.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Im sure if you've ever done any online shopping, it may steal more than your shoes ;)
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    Word, I don't want my kicks stolen!!!! :P
    Booya!!