Examination cost query and some suggestion

milanchatterjeemilanchatterjee Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
HI All
I am interested to know about two things here.

(I) What is the cost for each paper in USD for MCSE - Private Cloud Certification track?

(II) Also, MS is planning to discontinue the Server 2008 track from it's MCSE - PC track in favor of the Server 2012 on July 31st 2013. But in reality, 2008 are going to be used in many places for long more years. I have seen some running 2003 till now. So, do I go for 2008 track or 2012 track.

The only thing 2008 favourable for me is that I have a lot of Training materials for 2008 in PDF format.

What you members suggest?

Thanks and regards

Milan Chatterjee

Comments

• kj0kj0 Member Posts: 767
    Can't tell you the price of the examination, but have a look at the Prometric website and get in contact with them as they will be able to provide you with the most accurate answer.

As for which Track, Most companies will continue to use 08 for a little while longer, (Probably until 2016) and a lot of companies won't move to 2012 for years to come. The Title MCITP is retiring in 2013, but you will still be able to obtain an MCSE:SA status from the 640, 642, and 646.

I've been studying on and off (mostly off) the MCITP, and will probably head down the MCSE:SA instead at the rate I can retain information at. Getting stuck into studying hardcore now. but even though I use 2012 Everyday at home, I'm sticking to 08 aswe still have 15 servers as 03 and 4 as 08 servers.
    2017 Goals: VCP6-DCV | VCIX
    Blog: https://readysetvirtual.wordpress.com
  • Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hi

The cost for each MS Exam is 150 USD but at the moment MS are running a second shot promotion which is valid till the end of 2013 .
    Retake Microsoft Certification Exam for Free | Microsoft Learning

MS is not going to discontinue the 2008 track there are just going to rename the MCITP : Server Administrator track to MCSA 2008 but the exams ( 640,642 & 646 ) will still remain after July 31 2013

As for the training materials 2008 version has a lot of training where as for the 2012 version i am unsure about the resources or the official Microsoft books

i am taking the 2008 version and hope it have it upgraded to the 2012 version once i complete the 2008 track

good luck
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".