Options

Fail!

aquillaaquilla Member Posts: 148 ■■■□□□□□□□
I'm just writing some Cisco scripts in notepad and I found myself trying to use Cisco ? help option after a command in notepad! icon_redface.gif

Time for a break I think.
Regards,

CCNA R&S; CCNP R&S

Comments

• Options
    W StewartW Stewart Member Posts: 794 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I find myself doing that with linux all the time. I'm use to being able to use tab to auto-complete a word a directory and I occasionally find myself trying to use the tab key when editing a file.
  • Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Sometimes I find myself wondering how to 'search' a paper book.
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    oli356oli356 Member Posts: 364
    I end up doing ? and tab when in Windows cmd prompt... doesn't work haha icon_sad.gif
    Lab:
    Combination of GNS3 and Cisco equipment if required.
  • Options
    dontstopdontstop Member Posts: 579 ■■■■□□□□□□
    When i'm writing something in a Word Processor like Microsoft Word and I type :w to save or ctrl + u to backspace... grr drives me crazy.
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Y1eah, I found myself typing things that don't work. Worst part about it - it usually takes me a second or two of staring at the screen to figure it out:
    "What the heck? Oh... right..."

Between IOS, Linux+, and having to do most work in Windows. Meh. I'm thinking about just adding a whole bunch of alias' in Linux! Mostly the ? ​command.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    dontstopdontstop Member Posts: 579 ■■■■□□□□□□
    As a Linux Admin, going back to Windows to Diagnose infront of a customer is like:

• Options
    VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    I always find myself using tab in inappropriate places icon_rolleyes.gif
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Could be worse. I was trying to click the next-page button yesterday on a real book icon_redface.gif
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
    aquillaaquilla Member Posts: 148 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great comments, especially those involving a paper books. :)

The other one I do often is log on to a Linux box and start typing out show commands before remember I'm on Linux and not IOS.
    Regards,

CCNA R&S; CCNP R&S