Options

a good school to get a degree in Information Technology?

x_Danny_xx_Danny_x Member Posts: 312 ■■□□□□□□□□
A friend in New York City wants a good information technology school.

Do you guys know of any good ones?

I already know about ITT being awfull and not respected
There There, Its okay to feel GUILTY...........There is no SIN in PLEASURE!

Comments

• Options
    Fu LoserFu Loser Member Posts: 123
  • Options
    filkenjitsufilkenjitsu Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sorry man, I am getting a pretty good education at ITT, very comparable to my local community college I spent a year and a half at.

I cannot gurantee that every campus accross the united states is as good as mine, but dont just jump on the bandwagon from what you hear, you can get a very good education at ITT tech. It is Job Training though, just as if you went after your MCSE or CCNA, it is just IT job training, It is not an overall education like a bachelors in CS or EE may provide loaded with Math and high level understanding of Compilers and computer structures. That is a very good education definetly, but not Job traing. You will not get a lan tech position with a CS degree without getting some entry level experience or some certs ontop of it.

So I would not bash ITT Tech/Strayer/DeVry based on what you have heard in general. I can understand some campuses may have bad teachers, etc, so I cannot speak for every campus.

If you are interested in going after a great degree online there are a lot of options. Harvard, University of Illinois, etc all offer 100% online degrees now. YES HARVARD.

go here http://www.degreeinfo.com, go to the discussion boards and there is plenty of information on there. Captiol College which is NSA approved (national Security) has bachelors and Masters degrees in Network Security online.

Norwich has a great Masters program in Information Assurance online.

Most every University has online degrees now that are fantastic. Just google and you shall find.

Check degreeinfo also@!
    CISSP, CCNA SP
    Bachelors of Science in Telecommunications - Mt. Sierra College
    Masters of Networking and Communications Management, Focus in Wireless - Keller