Options

Which ebook reader app are you using?

langenoirlangenoir Member Posts: 82 ■■■□□□□□□□
So I'm looking to start consolidatingmy IT books. I love having the real thing, but I live in New York sospace for multiple bookshelves isn't feasible for me. I've testdrove the Kindle app, Google Play Books, and Safari seem pretty muchthe same with Safari having a bent to IT books. What are you guysusing to get your ebooks?

Comments

• Options
    nerdydadnerdydad Member Posts: 261
    Similar question. On the Ipad I used GoodReader, now I am using a Windows convertible. What I would like to find is an application for the PC similar to GoodReader in the sense that I can make notes and bookmarks and store my books on DropBox and have those notes and bookmarks across all of my devices, mainly my work laptop and my home laptop.
  • Options
    QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    Using GoodReader on my iPad as well. Great app.
  • Options
    TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Nothing against the iPad but I am kind of hooked on Android.I am a big reader and I have used Nooks since they were available, Nook classic for general reading. It is not that great for PDFs however for those I use a nook color 7 inch. I just ordered a nook HD+ 9 inch as a tablet after playing with my neighbors. Nooks use the epub format for native but work well with all the PDFs that I have tried and also Word files ICS on my Motorola Droid Bionic also has software for epub and PDF files. For PC work the free Calibre works on any PC/Mac/Linux with Java and handles Nook and Kindle formats . It includes a reader and conversion routines to move from one format to the other to support your other devices. calibre - E-book management On my PC's I use it on a HP2207 which rotates from landscape to portrait and also on a Asus netbook running Win 7. Calibre also works well on my rack servers in my home lab rack on a pull out HP RKM.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • Options
    YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Kindle app on my Android tablet
  • Options
    About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    +1 for Kindle. It is nice to be able to go from my tablet, to my phone, to my computer and have them all in sync.
  • Options
    kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    Android - PDFs I use EZPDF Reader
    ePubs I use Aldiko

PC I use FoxIT for PDFs
    I don't read ePubs on my PC
  • Options
    spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I use Goodreader on my iPad and the adobe acrobat app on my Galaxy Note 2. Why they couldn't get acrobat to work as well on iOS as it does on Android is beyond me. I also use the Kindle app for Amazon purchases.
    Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!