listing CompTIA with CE on resume?

Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
Do you all list your CE on your resume? I had the lifetime certs, but I enrolled in the CE program and I passed the CCNA Security which re-ups the CompTIA trinity....

I have my eye on a DoD job.... so..

do you list the Security+ with CE?

Security+ CE
Security+ ce

or what?
Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark

Comments

• MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just list it as Security+. Omit the CE.
  • CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've omitted the CE on my resume. I don't plan on maintaining the comptia certs anyways.
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • TheCudderTheCudder Member Posts: 147 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I personally don't do it, but it wouldn't hurt. Since ce is a requirement for any DoD IAT Level II jobs.
    B.S. Information Technology Management | CompTIA A+ | CompTIA Security+ | Graduate Certificate in Information Assurance (In Progress)
  • CodyyCodyy Member Posts: 223 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think it's a good idea for a DoD position. They require you to enroll in CE anyway, so it will show that you've already taken initiative. I'm no resume expert, just my opinion.
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I actually stopped listing my CompTIA's since gaining higher level certifications.

However if I listed them I would leave off the ce. HR doesn't care about the ce designation neither does most employers.
  • higherhohigherho Member Posts: 882
    Codyy wrote: »
    I think it's a good idea for a DoD position. They require you to enroll in CE anyway, so it will show that you've already taken initiative. I'm no resume expert, just my opinion.

As Cody states, if your applying to a DoD position they now have a requirement for all lifers to get the CE. So for any security clearance position I always list my security + as this;

Security + (Oct 2010) CE (Jan 2012)

I was told by many highering managers from Northrop Grumman and HP that there tools will look over resumes if they don't have those keywords in. Private sector? I don't list it at all.
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    higherho wrote: »
    As Cody states, if your applying to a DoD position they now have a requirement for all lifers to get the CE. So for any security clearance position I always list my security + as this;

Security + (Oct 2010) CE (Jan 2012)

I was told by many highering managers from Northrop Grumman and HP that there tools will look over resumes if they don't have those keywords in. Private sector? I don't list it at all.

you list the dates you earned your cert? what is the Jan 2012 date? when you enrolled in CE?
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • higherhohigherho Member Posts: 882
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    you list the dates you earned your cert? what is the Jan 2012 date? when you enrolled in CE?

Yea it's a habit, I really do not need to list the dates but in every interview I had they always asked me so I figured I would just list it on the Resume.
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    CodeBlox wrote: »
    I've omitted the CE on my resume. I don't plan on maintaining the comptia certs anyways.

N2IT wrote: »
    I actually stopped listing my CompTIA's since gaining higher level certifications.

However if I listed them I would leave off the ce. HR doesn't care about the ce designation neither does most employers.

I think some of you all are missing the point of my post.....

DoD requires Security+ and requires the CE. My point was would they just assume you have the CE if you have the Security+ listed, or should I actually list the CE. i think the actual cert lists CE in the name now

I think I'm going to use the higherho method

Thanks!
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark