Options

Reading Outlook PST files

tunerXtunerX Member Posts: 447 ■■■□□□□□□□
I set my Exchange service to automatically download my messages to my personal folders, which are on a 2GB memory stick. This works just fine, but I want to take it a step further.

I am looking for a program that I can run from a directory that can read my PST file. My goal is to copy the program to the USB stick in the same directory as my PST so I can just plug my USB stick in any XP/2000 computer and read through my email.

Does anybody know of a standalone program that can be used to read and sort the contents of a PST?

Comments

• Options
    mikiemovmikiemov Member Posts: 182
    Presumably as long as the drive letters for the USB device remain constant, if you use roaming profiles..you should be able to access the pst file from any pc ??
    A woman drove me to drink, and I didnt have the decency to thank her.
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    I think he wants a completely separate program, which he will keep on his USB drive, so he can read email wherever he is.

There ARE programs available which just read email. A short search on Google turned up one, but the .pst had to be available directly from Outlook.
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    http://www.mailnavigator.com/mailbox_reader.html

Those programs are few & far between. I use to deal with those alot. I'm so glad MS came out with Outlook 03' that doesn't have a 2GB limit on pst files so you don't have to use the pst crop program.
  • Options
    tunerXtunerX Member Posts: 447 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Mailnavigator shows up on the top of the google list. That is the one that requires outlook. AskSam allows you to convert your pst to different formats so you can access it later but converting a box adds too much time and action to just read some simple emails.