Options

What are Your New Year's Study Resolutions?

Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
Just a fun thread I thought I would start up to see what people are up to and what goals they have for the new year / what things they plan to alter / edit to obtain their goals.

I have been very on and off with my CCNP studies lately so my resolution is to keep myself on the true, strait, and narrow with my study habits.

My resolution is to study more, at least 1 hr daily and 4+ hrs on my days off (I work rotating 12hr shifts). That should give me around 20 hrs weekly or more. This should put me in line with obtaining CCNP route by February!

What are your New Years Study Resolutions?
Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
"Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi

Comments

• Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    To study, take, pass, the PMP.

To learn more about security after that.
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Been putting of studying for the CEH, really need to buckle down and get back on it. Only have until the end of Feb. to be done with it in time for the end of term. Really hope to finish out the MS:ISA as well this year, even though i'm a good few classes away i'm starting to think of a capstone. Once all that is done, not sure, really need to see where things take me. Possibly the securitytube python cert, would be helpful and pretty fun from what i'm seeing.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    amayaonnaotakuamayaonnaotaku Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Get a better job
    Pass MCITP/MCSA Windows Server 2008 Server Admin
    Pass my CCENT/CCNA
    Finish my Bachelor's
    Get into grad school
  • Options
    dbrinkdbrink Member Posts: 180
    Right now my goal for this year is to pass the Security+ exam and hopefully the C|EH, then possibly the Securitytube Python and Metasploit tests. Ultimate goal for the year would be OSCP also but I doubt that will happen this year. I have an absolute TON of books marked in my Safari online bookshelf that I want to read ranging from Hacking, Malware Analysis, Exploitation, and into Windows Security. Should be a busy year between my studies, my job, and spending time with my family.
    Currently Reading: Learn Python The Hard Way
    http://defendyoursystems.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Start studying for my CCNA!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    gabyprgabypr Member Posts: 136 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Continue with my masters and if possible start studying for the new MCSA 2012 and then pass 70-413 & 70-414 for the MCSE 2012 Server Infrastructure.
    EC-Council Master in Security Science M.S.S [Done]

Reading Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification Exam prep by Sohel Akhter
  • Options
    Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    These all sound like great goals! Lets keep it coming!

I love seeing motivational threads!
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Agreed good thread.

Balance is the key for me. It's always been a challenge I'm either all in or not icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Linux+ (101/102)
    Restudy (Test) CCNA:Security & CCNA:Voice.
    Re-Read CCNA:Wireless.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Security+
    CCNA
    CCNA:S
    C|EH
    MCITP:SA/MSCA 2008
    Maybe a couple more...
  • Options
    coreyb80coreyb80 Member Posts: 647 ■■■■■□□□□□
    A+
    Network+
    CCENT
    WGU BS - Network Operations and Security
    Completion Date: May 2021
  • Options
    kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    To study, pass ICND2.
    Somewhen in the year I would like MCTIP SA and CCNA Sec
    Its probable I wont make all of em, but at least a few of those.

And I really need one job, either a new job that pays me enough or a raise on this one.
    I currently have two jobs and Im working around 60 hours a week
    and After bills, loans, helping family, I dont even have $$ for a car
    So Im working hard getting experience, need that ccna, hopefully I can move to a better spot on 2013
    meh
  • Options
    tbgree00tbgree00 Member Posts: 553 ■■■■□□□□□□
    As far as certifications go I want to get the MCITP EA and possibly get the MCSA 2008. I would like to learn more about server 2012 but want to use it before I sit the upgrade exam.

There isn't a certification but I want to go through the Learn PowerShell in a Month of Lunches book I bought a year or two ago. With PowerCLI and all the new powershell cmdlets in 2012 I think it's time to figure it out.

I would also like to make a career move within my company to make more money. I'm not sure what that would look like but a few circumstances have conspired to eliminate most of my disposable income. No fun money means no study tools.
    I finally started that blog - www.thomgreene.com
  • Options
    Chard26Chard26 Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    My Cert list for this year is as follows

Checkpoint CCSA
    Checkpoint CCSE
    Juniper JNCIA - JUNOS
    JNICA IDP
    JNCIS SA
    Palo Alto - ACE
    Palo Alto - CNSE

All to be done this year if i have time :)
  • Options
    ShanmanShanman Member Posts: 223
    My goals for this year is to pass my CCNP route exam on 1/7/12.

After I am finished with that my employer has me going down the CCNP voice track. I am currently studying the CVOICE material and working with it on a daily bases. Looking to have that passed by early spring. In the back half of the year I hope to have get the CIPT1 done. Oh yeah my wife and I are expecting another baby at the end of the summer. So looks like I will be very busy this year.
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Shanman wrote: »
    My goals for this year is to pass my CCNP route exam on 1/7/12.

you time traveling back to 2012? ;)

I have set my self 2 week to study each of the topics in the CCNP route. Assuming it all goes well I want to take the exam by mach/April and then troubleshoot 2 months later.

After that not sure if I will take some time to do a checkpoint exam or go straight on to CCNP security.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    X10MMXX10MMX Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Currently reading - Scott lowes Mastering Vsphere 5 book.

Upgrading my Microsoft cert to 2012/Private Cloud....

Maybe CCNA:Voice...

Haven't fully decided.. All up in the air...
  • Options
    CleverclogsCleverclogs Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My revision resolutions are as follows:

1. Pass my 70-685 exam (Booked for the 25/1).
    2. Revise for and pass my 70-686 exam (By end of April/May).
    3. Begin revising for my MCSA Server 2008 exams, starting with the 640, to progress to 642 and then 646 (Rest of year).

If I can achieve the above I'll be happy. Great thread BTW.
  • Options
    RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Do not slack on studying, I tend to do this throughout the year and of course it slows me down. Have to remain focused
  • Options
    VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    Think I will try and pick up the CCNP: Service provider cert. I also start a new job on the 7th of this month so a lot of my focus will be learning a new environment
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • Options
    powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,666 ■■■■■■■■□□
    As with N2IT, PMP is something I NEED to make a priority.

Learning German and fitness are also on the list for me.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • Options
    chininochinino Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Study and pass the VCP4-DT exam. Also, at least 2, of the MCSA 2008 exams, and CCENT.
    My 2014 Goals:

MCSA Windows Server 2012: 70-410 [ ] 70-411 [ ] 70-412 [ ]
    VMware Certified Associate-Data Center Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
    CompTIA Storage+: SGO-001 [ ]
  • Options
    kgbkgb Member Posts: 380
    As far as "studying" goes, I'm going to:

- Complete 5-13 classes on Coursera/Udacity/edX (first one starts in 5days)
    - Aiming to read 12+ books dealing with all aspects of Software Engineering (currently reading, Code Complete)
    Bachelor of Science, Information Technology (Software) - WGU
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I resolve to not make resolutions regarding certification goals that I have no chance in hell of keeping.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    TCainnnTCainnn Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would like to limit my gaming to 2hrs a day and my studying to at least 4hrs daily until I am confident enough to take and pass the A+ certification
    "Excuses are for the weak. Overcoming is for the strong"
  • Options
    the_hutchthe_hutch Banned Posts: 827
  • Options
    danstardanstar Member Posts: 136
    Start my Bachelors.
    Take my CCNA training this month and Pass the exam.
    CCNP and CCNA Voice training
    Preparing for CCNA Certification :study:
    Up Next: CCNP
    Onto the Next: CCNA Voice
    And Umm: CCNP Voice
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    OK first Topic in the CCNP (EIGRP) taken 2 days to get through, lets hope the rest are as quick ;)

Only one's i don't have much experience in configuring on live environments are BGP and IPV6, but have some projects coming up that require both so a good incentive to get them under my belt :)
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I’m going to knock out ROUTE and TSHOOT to finish off the CCNP. Can’t believe that I went all of 2012 without sitting a single test! Curious to see what changes are in store for CCIE:Voice this year.
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I would like to knock out a Microsoft cert or two before summer.