Options

IE 10 forum bug

xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
Anyone else using IE10 with Windows 8 notice that the return (enter) function doesn't work when posting?

Works fine in compatibility mode. I see similar complaints from various forums across the interwebz.

Don't bother suggesting I get rid of my POS browser and use Chrome. icon_lol.gif Nothing against Chrome, but I stick with IE since that's what I have to support at work. (Thankfully not 10, though. We just moved to 8 house wide)
CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V

Comments

• Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    Yes, I noticed the same problem and my solution was to switch to Chrome. I'm guessing it's something to do with this version of vBulletin, so any board that uses it would also have the same problem. But we're talking about vBulletin - perhaps the most popular message board software - and the Enter key. This isn't some graphics out of place or an old ActiveX control that isn't supported. It's the Enter key. Way to go MS, maybe next release they will break the space bar.

I also cannot get Silverlight to work with IE 10 in the 64bit version of Win8 I am running. Since I need access to web applications that use Silverlight - recently, both the Exchange Deployment Assistant and the Azure management console - I now also rely on Chrome to access those sites. So MS has effectively forced me to install a competing browser to access their own sites. That will help the browser market share stats.
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Claymoore wrote: »
    This isn't some graphics out of place or an old ActiveX control that isn't supported. It's the Enter key. Way to go MS, maybe next release they will break the space bar.
    I'd not be too quick to blame MS regarding this... But then you are probably right.
    Claymoore wrote: »
    I also cannot get Silverlight to work with IE 10 in the 64bit version of Win8 I am running. Since I need access to web applications that use Silverlight - recently, both the Exchange Deployment Assistant and the Azure management console - I now also rely on Chrome to access those sites. So MS has effectively forced me to install a competing browser to access their own sites. That will help the browser market share stats.

What issue are you having? I actually have not had any problems with Silverlight on my Win8 system. Are you installing the x64 version of the SL5 runtime? Since it's one of the languages I develop in I have to have it running on my development system.

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=229321
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    The issue [of the Enter key not working] is with the ckEditor used in vBulletin not being IE10-ready and will be resolved in a future update. I don't have an ETA yet but I'd be surprised if it takes months rather than weeks.

In the meantime a temporary work-around should be to switch to a Basic Editor if you want to use IE10:

http://www.techexams.net/profile.php?do=editoptions - see the bottom section Miscellaneous Options.

Remember in the old days almost every internet page had a line at the bottom like "This site is best viewed in Internet Explorer x.0/Netscape"? If we had such a line, it would say "FireFox". ;)
  • Options
    About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    One of the undocumented "Features" available for all of us early Windows 8 adopters. :)