Test site closed when I had my exam booked

HilazingHilazing Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Apologies for the rant below, I just needed to vent somewhere!

I booked my 70-680 exam on 16/12 to be taken on 28/12 through Prometric, and it was showing that the test centre was open, and had available slots. I arrived at the test centre (I won't name and shame in case it's not allowed on here) and it was closed.

waited around for an hour and a half, during which time someone else also showed up who had an exam scheduled.

the contact number for the test centre that Prometric gave me was not valid, the number on the door of the test centre was not valid - in the end I found a number on their website, which was a mobile phone number, but there was no answer.

I emailed the test centre, Prometric and tweeted MS and Prometric, and the test centre emailed me back with a very rude and sarcastic response advising me that any normal business is closed between Christmas and new year (I had to book a day off work to take the test, so I clearly don't work for a normal company) and that it was not their fault, I needed to speak to Prometric and stop bothering them with my problem.

Prometric and MS tweeted back and were quite helpful, and I also received an email from Prometric asking me to call them to discuss this, which I will do tomorrow, but I just felt the need to rant!

I'll let you know what Prometric say when I speak to them tomorrow. Needless to say, I will be advising them of the atrocious levels of customer service their customers are given by this particular test site!

Comments

• About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    Sorry to hear that. I certainly hope it was the person having a bad day and a few out of date signs and information instead of a poorly operated testing center. I would stay clear either way though.
  • twodogs62twodogs62 Member Posts: 393 ■■■□□□□□□□
    One reason I don't try to take tests last week of year.
    I've found most if not all in my location are closed last week.
    Best thing to do is call any testing center in advance and verify their business hours and location.