Spooler Subsystem App encountered an issue, needs to close

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
Ok, this one has been a PITA since last week. I have an office that has two XP machines, one prints through the other. All of a sudden they are getting this issue ref above. I tried some stuff remotely on Thurs, then drove out (since it was close to home and I could then just be that much closer at the end of the day). What I found on Google was to remove all references from the HP printer (Photosmart C309A) from the registry. Then run the uninstall program, and reinstall the driver. Well ... That worked for the rest of the day and Fri as well.

Today, our first day back, things worked fine for a bit, then its back once again. I have scanned both machines, all clean as far as virus, malware, spyware, etc. I get the cant print from the laptop, print spooler not running. I go to the desktop, it is off. I restart it and try to do a test print and get that spooler subsystem error message.

Any ideas to help prevent this?

Comments

• BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Fixed. Seems there is a bizarre problem with one of the programs one person uses. There is a print function, but it is not meant to be used. The data thats created is actually stored in another program, that does print just fine.