Standard "My ICND1 is scheduled for tomorrow" post...

ThackerThacker Member Posts: 170
Tomorrow at 1pm. First IT cert in about 4 years as I took a hiatus from the field and am looking to get back in and networking in general has sparked my interest as something I'd like to do.
About 3.5 weeks of study with CBT, TrainSignal, Transcender and some of the CCNA study guide. Homelab + Packetracer and BosonNetsim 8..... Plus technotes and flashcards.

Wish me luck.

UPDATE:

I passed with a 874/1000. I expected to do better honestly before I clicked the final next button but all in all I'm still happy with a pass. Some of the questions were way out of the scope of things I had touched one (maybe unscored?) and on a few others I was only able to eliminate a few of the possibilities so I did have to make an educated guess. I know I nailed all the simulations 100% however.

Thanks,
Brandon

Comments

• fivedollarcouchfivedollarcouch Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck!
    2013 goals (old)
    CCENT (passed) | CCNA | JNCIA-Junos | CCNA:Security | WGU Enrollment

2013 goals (new job means new focus)
    CCENT (passed) | VCP5-DV (class 1st week of april, cert by end of april) | WGU Enrollment | CCNA | MCSA:Server2k8
  • NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck! Let us know how you do!
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @Thacker - good luck on the ICND1!
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • NewInBussinesNewInBussines Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • ThackerThacker Member Posts: 170
    Good luck

Thanks everyone.

I passed with a 874/1000. I expected to do better honestly before I clicked the final next button but all in all I'm still happy with a pass. Some of the questions were way out of the scope of things I had touched one (maybe unscored?) and on a few others I was only able to eliminate a few of the possibilities so I did have to make an educated guess. I know I nailed all the simulations 100% however.

Thanks,
    Brandon
  • ThackerThacker Member Posts: 170
    Also I came home to an email wanting to schedule a phone interview with Konica Minolta for a systems engineering position in Atlanta next week.

Good day. :)
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats on the pass and good luck with the interview!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Node ManNode Man Member Posts: 668 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congratulations!