Options

Motivation to study?

2»

Comments

• Options
    newbnewb Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I had to re-read this thread to motivate myself. I didn't even take my own advice. I bought the book but it is just so hard to sit down and read it when the material, especially the OS portions are so friggin BORING. In fact, I've only gotten through it because I read bits of it at a time on my phone during my lunch breaks at work and on the train. Maybe my motivation should be to finish taking the test ASAP just so I don't have to suffer anymore through this boredom and get to something more interesting like Networking or Security.
  • Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Think of it this way - every page you read is more $$$ in your pocket because your value to an employer goes up.
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    gp7816gp7816 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    As much as I enjoy my family, they are also the biggest distraction to me. Anytime I set aside to study, I went to the library to read, watch learning videos and even take most practice exams. I have no doubt this helped keep me directed properly.
  • Options
    MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You just need to be single minded in studying. This is the approach I would suggest.
    I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.
  • Options
    flash27flash27 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am more motivated than ever...my wife is pregnant. :)
  • Options
    About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    gp7816 wrote: »
    As much as I enjoy my family, they are also the biggest distraction to me.

This statement sometimes sums my study issues up. I might try going to the library, it would give me a reason to walk everyday.
  • Options
    amcloneamclone Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    twodogs62twodogs62 Member Posts: 393 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm currently having problem getting started studying.
    So, you are not alone.
    What has helped me is to go to different places to study.
    Library, quiet restaurant, coffee shop, park, etc... Anywhere to mix it up a little bit.
    And of course studying in little chunks.
  • Options
    flash27flash27 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have been studying in little chunks. Usually before I sleep when I am lying down in bed. About 30 min to an hour of reading.
  • Options
    TCainnnTCainnn Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    newb wrote: »
    I had to re-read this thread to motivate myself. I didn't even take my own advice. I bought the book but it is just so hard to sit down and read it when the material, especially the OS portions are so friggin BORING. In fact, I've only gotten through it because I read bits of it at a time on my phone during my lunch breaks at work and on the train. Maybe my motivation should be to finish taking the test ASAP just so I don't have to suffer anymore through this boredom and get to something more interesting like Networking or Security.
    I am glad that you can turn to this thread to seek motivation. Since I have made this thread, I have been reading and studying the A+ material more than usual. Consistency is the key! Here is a quote I would like to share with you. "The ladder to success is crowded at the bottom. Take that first step. Many are still deciding what to do. Act-Now"
    "Excuses are for the weak. Overcoming is for the strong"
  • Options
    CarlSaiyed wrote: »
    Think of it this way - every page you read is more $$$ in your pocket because your value to an employer goes up.
    This is very true. Thanks for the reply!
  • Options
    gp7816 wrote: »
    As much as I enjoy my family, they are also the biggest distraction to me. Anytime I set aside to study, I went to the library to read, watch learning videos and even take most practice exams. I have no doubt this helped keep me directed properly.
    This is great! My family can distract me also. I think that going to the library to study is the best method to weed out distractions and focus on the goal at hand! THANKS
  • Options
    MrXpert wrote: »
    You just need to be single minded in studying. This is the approach I would suggest.
    This is a great approach to studying! Thank you for the reply.

flash27 wrote: »
    I am more motivated than ever...my wife is pregnant. :)
    Congrats! That's great news. Use that motivation to achieve your goals!
  • Options
    amclone wrote: »
    This is a great article! Thank you for sharing.
    twodogs62 wrote: »
    I'm currently having problem getting started studying.
    So, you are not alone.
    What has helped me is to go to different places to study.
    Library, quiet restaurant, coffee shop, park, etc... Anywhere to mix it up a little bit.
    And of course studying in little chunks.
    I think the location of study is very important when preparing for an exam. It helps focus on the material and also remove any distractions that you may encounter. I have been studying in little chunks and it has helped out with my practice test scores! I am confident that I can pass the exam but I want to be 100% sure that I will pass the test with flying colors! Thank you for the reply!