A+

BetrayalBetrayal Member Posts: 108
I'm taking the 220-701 Essentials in 4 days, any last minute study tips and what question topics did you mainly see on your exam?

Thanks.

Comments

• Michael2Michael2 Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You should look at the forum sticky for the 701 objectives if you haven't already. That being said, look forward a lot of storage and equiipment troubleshooting questions. You'll also see some tough networking and security questions.
  • BetrayalBetrayal Member Posts: 108
    ...are the troubleshooting questions pretty obvious?
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    From your questions, it sounds like you are more focused on memorizing **** rather than learning the material.

Four days from the exams, perhaps you should ask yourself, "Do I understand everything on the most recent copy of the objectives I have downloaded from CompTIA?"

And for the record, there should be ZERO questions on your exam that you have previously seen.

How much experience do you have working with the technologies being covered? Have you had the opportunity to setup or use the majority of the technologies covered?
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
    removed unnecessary quoted reply

Yes, I understand everything, so now I want to know what areas that I should focus on remembering from people who've taken the exam... I have experience with some of the technologies, but not all of them, and I feel comfortable with the ones that I don't have experience with since I understand how they work.
  • Michael2Michael2 Member Posts: 305 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Some of the questions are obvious, and some aren't. If you've studied for it, you're sure to pass. How well you do is a different matter. When it comes to equipment troubleshooting, be prepared to think outside the box. In other words, concentrate on what the question is asking and don't make any assumptions.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    @betrayal

Members who have taken the exam are not at liberty to discuss specifics of their exam as it will put them in violation of the NDA they signed upon taking the exams.

You should really focus on the objectives and to supplement with good texts like the Mike Meyers text of the one from Sybex or both.

Memorizing test banks of questions is truly the wrong approach to take in preparing for exams. IF one needs to assess their level of understanding, then taking a practice test to see how their respective skill measures up is fine. LIkewise, after reviewing new content, even I will acknowledge, there may be merit in using a practice exam to measure the progress.

Seeking out what a test is about, how the questions sounded, what types if questions etc... Is simply inappropriate to inquire. All the information about the exams are put forth by the vendors. CompTIA does a nice job providing a comprehensive set of objects for each exam rather than completely generalizing topics.

If you are comfortable with the knowledge you have from experience, and you understand the topics posted in the objectives, for the next couple days do some light reviewing and get plenty of rest and go knock out those two exams.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
    removed unnecessary quoted reply

Oh thanks for your advice, now I understand. :3