BOSON Exam that comes with the Cisco Guide, a few Qs?

BeanyBeany Member Posts: 177
Afternoon,

Planning to book the ICND1 exam end of this month in Leeds. I'm currently whizzing through all the chapters in the book and viewing the CBT Nugget videos again.

For the first time I've installed the BOSON exam on my laptop and was looking at some of the questions and was I surprised at the difficulty of these Qs.

Are these questions a true reflection of what is expected in ICND1 exam? what percentage will I need to be at on the BOSON tests before i can confidently go and try the ICND1 exam?

How did you guys perform on the BOSON exams before attempting the ICND1 exam?

thanks

Comments

• jdballingerjdballinger Member Posts: 252
    My version of the Odom guides came with Pearson test questions, and I found them to be much more difficult than the actual exam, and a good source of practice on ARP and subnetting.

I can't speak to the value of the Boson (that's with an N not an M, as your word means something entirely different :) ) questions, but I can pretty much guarantee that if you know all the material in the practice exams you should be fine on the test.
  • boredgameladboredgamelad Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Beany wrote: »
    Afternoon,
    Are these questions a true reflection of what is expected in ICND1 exam?

I found the Boson ExSim-Max to be pretty accurate. Maybe a bit harder than the actual test, but definitely in the ballpark. If nothing else, at least you'll be over-prepared.
    what percentage will I need to be at on the BOSOM tests before i can confidently go and try the ICND1 exam?

Confident? 95%+. Reasonably sure? 90, maybe 85%. ICND1 and ICND2 aren't the hardest exams in the world but they're nothing to scoff at.
  • BeanyBeany Member Posts: 177
    My version of the Odom guides came with Pearson test questions, and I found them to be much more difficult than the actual exam, and a good source of practice on ARP and subnetting.

I can't speak to the value of the Boson (that's with an N not an M, as your word means something entirely different :) ) questions, but I can pretty much guarantee that if you know all the material in the practice exams you should be fine on the test.

"BOSOM", what, where ? lol sorry ive edited my first post with the correct spelling. Had literally 1min to write that post.

I have the BOSON version 2.0.6 but boy is it difficult. Whats the best way to practice these BOSON Qs, go through all the 152 Qs?
  • boredgameladboredgamelad Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well, you shouldn't really be studying from the Boson questions. You should be studying to understand the material and the Boson questions will confirm you've actually learned it. If you're really struggling and finding the Boson questions difficult, you need to go back to the books and labs.
  • ds32118ds32118 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just finished my ICDN1 and I used Boson ExSim-Max practice exams and the Pearson ones that came with Odom's 3rd edition book. I thought the Pearson ones were terrible myself and the Boson ones were a lot tougher than the actual ICND1 test.

The Boson questions were great because they were pretty much laid out the same as the test as far as the simlets and whatnot.

What I did was study the material first and then go back to test myself every week or so with Boson to see what areas I improved and what areas I needed to focus on harder.
  • BeanyBeany Member Posts: 177
    ds32118 wrote: »
    I just finished my ICDN1 and I used Boson ExSim-Max practice exams and the Pearson ones that came with Odom's 3rd edition book. I thought the Pearson ones were terrible myself and the Boson ones were a lot tougher than the actual ICND1 test.

The Boson questions were great because they were pretty much laid out the same as the test as far as the simlets and whatnot.

What I did was study the material first and then go back to test myself every week or so with Boson to see what areas I improved and what areas I needed to focus on harder.

thanks i'll bear this mind
  • jdballingerjdballinger Member Posts: 252
    Also bear in mind that taking those practice tests more than, I'd say maybe... twice, is not going to be useful at all. You will rapidly find yourself getting to the point where you are recognizing the answer based on keywords in the question, and not actually applying the necessary thought to determine WHY an answer is right or wrong.
  • MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ds32118 wrote: »

That's what I thought when I tried both. I think if you're scoring at least 65% on the Pearson tests to be honest that is a very good score. The version I had never even told you how many correct answers you needed to select if there was the option to select more than one answer. The wording in the question is poor also and leads to ambiguity.

Boson practice exam is right on the money for the CCNA.If you're scoring at least 90% on the Boson exams and this through NOT memorizing answers then you should be prepared.
    I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.