Free CompTIA Cloud+ (1/7/2012)

2»

Comments

• crypticgeekcrypticgeek Member Posts: 66 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Received my score today as well, 848/900. Not a perfect score, but I'll take it. icon_lol.gif
  • OG MaverickOG Maverick Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was able to pass with an 8 something. It still isn't on the CompTIA website but PearsonVUE shows 'pass' instead of 'taken' now.
  • krolyatkrolyat Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was able to pass with an 8 something. It still isn't on the CompTIA website but PearsonVUE shows 'pass' instead of 'taken' now.

I got an 812, from the documents included with the notification of results it said that we won't be able to request the certificate until August / September. So it probably won't be on listed in our record until that time-frame as well.
    (ISC)2: CISSP Comptia: A+, N+, Cloud+ Ec-Council: C|EH v6 Apple: ACSP 10.5

.:. Not your average chic .:.
  • OG MaverickOG Maverick Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    krolyat wrote: »
    I got an 812, from the documents included with the notification of results it said that we won't be able to request the certificate until August / September. So it probably won't be on listed in our record until that time-frame as well.

Thanks for the info. I haven't actually seen my sheet yet, a buddy just held it up to the light and saw I passed.
  • cbalkcomcbalkcom Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    CompTIA is targeting the first week of September to have certificates ready for those who passed Cloud+. You can either download a pdf of your certificate for printing, or make sure your mailing information is correct on the site so your "kit" (certificate and ID card) can be mailed. In September, you can log in to the CompTIA CareerID website with the CompTIA ID from your exam score report that VUE sent (which is why it is so important to file it in a safe place), and arrange for your certificate.
  • prampram Member Posts: 171
    I passed. Can't even remember the test anymore its been so long icon_lol.gif
    finally got it. i didnt know it expires lol!

p61MylG.png
  • cbalkcomcbalkcom Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    pram wrote: »
    finally got it. i didnt know it expires lol!

Cloud+ is one of the CompTIA certifications that is in CompTIA's Continuing Education program (which is why the certificate has a "ce" next to the Cloud+ logo). You will be able to keep the certification current, should you choose to, with credits from other industry activities that you choose to participate in, including vendor-specific certifications. This certification doesn't officially "launch" until October 1 so the CE information isn't on the CompTIA website yet, but it will be.
    For those who have other CompTIA certifications, Cloud+ certification is good for a part of the credits required to keep other CompTIA certifications current, per the information below. If you are in the CE program for one of the other certifications, this information may be of interest.
    A+ 25%
    Network+ 25%
    Security+ 25%
    Storage+ 30%
    CASP 5%
    Dang. I don't know if I'd actually pay money for this. I think this is one of those situations where the vendor neutral nature of the certification doesn't enhance its value. It's so general it basically boils down to a vocabulary test.
  • ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Mostly, I agree most all the CompTIA exams are "vocabulary tests", with some exceptions (probably CTT+ and CASP most evident). However, I really like them because of that. I take them for basic review, general knowledge, and new "vocabulary" that I may not come across in my daily IT job. I don't think the CompTIA exams will help anyone much when they want to land the higher level IT jobs, but I don't think that's the intent either.
  • eansdadeansdad Member Posts: 775 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Mostly, I agree most all the CompTIA exams are "vocabulary tests", with some exceptions (probably CTT+ and CASP most evident). However, I really like them because of that. I take them for basic review, general knowledge, and new "vocabulary" that I may not come across in my daily IT job. I don't think the CompTIA exams will help anyone much when they want to land the higher level IT jobs, but I don't think that's the intent either.

I'm not sure when you took your A+ but I can assure you that the 700/800 series is not a "vocab test".
  • ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Eansdad, if the A+ now isn't all vocabulary, I'm assuming some sims, then all the better. Sheesh my A+ was 12 years ago, and it definitely wasn't much beyond a vocabulary test. I can say that most of the last few CompTIA tests I've taken in 5 years: RFID+. PDI+, Cloud Essentials, HTI, Project+, were not loaded with Sims, hence my affirmation to pram's point about vocabulary tests. CompTIAs exams are "foundational", and as stated I don't think that's bad. The basics of understanding any technology means one has to understand the terms, acronyms, definitions, etc.