Security CCP

webspongewebsponge Member Posts: 119
My CCNA is due to expire this year, so have started on my security to get it renewed so to speak, I have all the manuals and nuggets and have been going through them, now realise I need CCP (Cisco Configuration Professional) installed as someone said this is vital to the exam,

Where can I get this please? I have searched everywhere.. any help is appreciated
CCDP Next

Comments

• jdancerjdancer Member Posts: 482 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Download version 2.6 of Cisco Configuration Professional using your CCO credentials. Download page at Cisco Systems
  • webspongewebsponge Member Posts: 119
    Thanks! got it,

can this be used as a stand alone? or should I integrate it with GSN3?
    CCDP Next
    on this link - BrainBump.Net >> GNS3: How to setup Cisco Configuration Professional (CCP) on router | CCIE Quest CCP is a standalone application? but on the download you gave me, its something that needs to be added to the routers flash?
    CCDP Next
  • mallyg27mallyg27 Member Posts: 139
    Nothing needs to be added to the routers flash. Just install it on your PC and connect it to router on GNS3. Once you start reading the book it will be clear.
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    As mallyg27 says - you just install it on your computer.

All you need to do is configure the router for HTTP/S access, have a username, and set authentication for http to local database.
    I downloaded the first link with my cisco details, and when it installed it says SDM? I thought that was no longer valid? the other links are just a load of zipped web files? please help!
    CCDP Next
    gorebrush wrote: »
    As mallyg27 says - you just install it on your computer.

All you need to do is configure the router for HTTP/S access, have a username, and set authentication for http to local database.

there is nothing to install though??
    CCDP Next
  • JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Concerning GNS3, how do you guys get the IOS onto your computer? Do I need to buy a router or is there like a website where I can download/buy some IOS? I've been using Packet Tracer and just wanted to give GNS3 a try since it's a bit more realistic. I know it would be better working with real equipment but for now just doing the CCNA Security, I'd be good with GNS3.
  • DiggsDiggs Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Download 2.6 not 2.7
    Diggs wrote: »
    Download 2.6 not 2.7
    Thank you Diggs ;) you wouldnt believe I work in IT! got it now.. can anyone help with getting it work with GNS3! I can see the router via a loopback adapter in the lab, and I have enabled ip http server, but when I try to discover it, it says http server is not enabled?
    CCDP Next
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Quick question: Why don't you take another Cisco exam instead of the one you're already certified in? All your previous Cisco exams are re-certified if you take another exam of equal or greater level of the other certifications you have. It might be a good time to get one of the CCNP R&S or Security exams, CCNA Voice, or even the CCNA Wireless which would add to your certifications list instead of restudying things you've already passed in the past.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • DiggsDiggs Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think that's what he's doing - his CCNA is going to expire so he's looking into doing his CCNA Security
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    And this is what I get for cruising the forums too early in the morning. LoL. I'm birdbrained this week. Too many long nights and not enough recovery time. This is the second post I messed up today because I didn't read it thoroughly enough.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    One thing I wonder is does anyone using ccp in a live setting. I tried it at work and thought it was ok but after setting up an asa's at work I realized ccp is pretty terrible.

@OP After you know your way around ccp I highly recommend you try to set up an asa on gns3 or buy one. Once you get familiar on how it works configure it at your home network and practice setting up vpns, policies, etc. Working with Asa's will trump ccp knowledge any day and look better on the resume.

My 2 cents
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    dmarcisco wrote: »
    One thing I wonder is does anyone using ccp in a live setting. I tried it at work and thought it was ok but after setting up an asa's at work I realized ccp is pretty terrible.

@OP After you know your way around ccp I highly recommend you try to set up an asa on gns3 or buy one. Once you get familiar on how it works configure it at your home network and practice setting up vpns, policies, etc. Working with Asa's will trump ccp knowledge any day and look better on the resume.

My 2 cents

That's what I was thinking - CCP is old stuff these days and I don't know anyone who uses it.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.