What am i doing to prepare for my ICND1 exam, sufficient?

BeanyBeany Member Posts: 177
Morning,

As you know when it's near the time of booking the exam nerves kick in. I just need the peace of mind that i'm doing this right so wanted to share with you my exam study preparation and wanted your thoughts.

Firstly, i'm going through the Official Exam Certification Guide book (W ODOM) and CBTNugget videos for a week, recapping all what i have read in the past.
Secondly, i have a small lab set up at home, 3 routers 2x 2811, 1x2600 and 1 switch 2950 connected using serial and ethernet cables. On these routers i practice the examples in the book when their occcur.

I then use the BOSON practice exam questions every day to see what i know or what i need to improve on.

That's it, good prepration or not? Is there anything vital i'm missing? Your responses will be highly beneficial.

thanks

Comments

• ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You can't practice much switching with just 1 switch. 2 at minimum, although 3 is ideal.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • BeanyBeany Member Posts: 177
    You can't practice much switching with just 1 switch. 2 at minimum, although 3 is ideal.

Reading through the book i've not come across commands that require me to get another switch.
  • FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    As for ICND1 you are definitely set for it. When you get into the ICND2 your gonna want to invest in 2-3 switches or just use packet tracer/gns3. Personally I prefer real hardware
  • DiggsDiggs Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Don't think you need more than 1 switch for ICND1 but if you plan on completing your CCNA you'll need a second and ideally a third to cover VTP and spanning tree in ICND2