Life after CCENT?

Node ManNode Man Member Posts: 668 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi Everone,
This is a question for those that have passed CCENT in the last few months or year:

How has CCENT changed your life? Has it opened any doors? Do you feel more confident in your work? At least some fun technical conversations?

Thanks,
Node

Comments

• SomnipotentSomnipotent Member Posts: 384
    Life after CCENT there is not. Only more studying there is.
    Reading: Internetworking with TCP/IP: Principles, Protocols, and Architecture (D. Comer)
  • JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    I think it's up to you on what you make of it :)
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think most people go for their CCNA after their CCENT. I look at it as halfway to CCNA, kind of like just the software or hardware test for A+
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Don't stop. Go for the CCNA before you forget what you just learned.
  • TurK-FXTurK-FX Member Posts: 174
    its been 2 months since i got my CCent. I am half way down with ICND2. But i did not even get an interview with CCENT & A+ and Associated on Computer Engineering Technolohy.
    WGU classes: Transferred -> AGC1, CLC1, TBP1, CJC1, BVC1, C278, CRV1, IWC1, IWT1, C246, C247, C132, C164, INC1, C277. Appealed -> WFV1 and C393.
    What is Left to take - > EUP1, EUC1, C220, C221, BNC1, GC1, C299, CTV1, DJV1, DHV1, CUV1, CJV1, TPV1, C394
    Currently Studying -> CCNA security (Designing Customized Security & Security)
  • staticzstaticz Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Definitely moving right towards the CCNA. I will say that I tend to think about things a little differently now, but gotta keep moving!
  • oli356oli356 Member Posts: 364
    TurK-FX wrote: »
    its been 2 months since i got my CCent. I am half way down with ICND2. But i did not even get an interview with CCENT & A+ and Associated on Computer Engineering Technolohy.
    In my opinion it's because CCENT isn't enough. The certification isn't well known at all compared to the CCNA; a lot of Cisco staff have never heard of CCENT.

CCENT desnt cover some extremely important and common topics such as VLANs and the SVIs, spanning tree etc. Things which are used in most companies networks and therefore important to know.
    Lab:
    Combination of GNS3 and Cisco equipment if required.
  • MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
    From my own experience after passing CCENT it made me very happy and did give me confidence within IT networking. But immediately after passing ICND1 I knew I had to keep going and that I wouldn't be fully satisfied until I achieved my CCNA. The ICND2 was harder work and very rewarding in the end. I can recount an interview I went to where I'd actually thought that the job was 1st Line IT support meaning just answering phone calls. When the 2 managers interviewed me they explained it was out on the road a lot but they were very impressed I was 2xCisco certified and recognized the CCNA rather than CCENT.

I think it did open up a few more opportunities for me. So my advice is go for it and keep learning.
    I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.