Options

c

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior MemberPosts: 0 ■■■■□□□□□□
edited January 2019 in Off-Topic
r

Comments

• Options
    morrowmsmorrowms Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I guess it depends on your budget. There are a lot of IPAM solutions out there. BlueCat, Infoblox, QIP to name a few. If you are looking for a free IPAM solution without DNS/DHCP capabilities, try GestioIP GestióIP - IP address management (IPAM) software
  • Options
    networkjutsunetworkjutsu Member Posts: 275 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've only used two IPAM software - SolarWinds IPAM module and IPplan. While I like some features of SolarWinds' IPAM, I really like IPplan. I have the installation instructions if you're interested in trying it out.
  • Options
    QordQord Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    One really big spreadsheet!! Might not be ideal, but this is one area where our documentation has been stellar, so it works. Also, several homegrown scripts to manage/monitor DHCP services throughout all our locations. What specifically are you looking for in a "solution"?
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Remember windows server 2012 has fully fledged IPAM built in now, so if you have 2012 servers you might want to try it out.. and will give you an idea of features to look for if you decided the windows solution does not work for you.

Windows have also sorted out there DHCP in windows 2012, much nicer to use and set up.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    QordQord Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @DevilWAH- 2012 also supports all the awesome new Powershell DHCP tools!!! No more netsh or other long-ways around!!
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Qord wrote: »
    @DevilWAH- 2012 also supports all the awesome new Powershell DHCP tools!!! No more netsh or other long-ways around!!

It does indeed :)
    and very usefully they are for migrating scopes around servers
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    smcormondsmcormond Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just as an FYI, BlueCat has some info on their site that may be useful when comparing IPAM solutions: IPAM (IP Address Management), DNS & DHCP Software Solutions | BlueCat Networks . You can also get a free trial of their solution: Free Trial - IP Address Management (IPAM) Software

EDIT: To be clear the poster is sourced from Bluecat, it doesn't lessen the relevance just full disclosure...