Packet Tracker Vs Boston Netsim which is better ?

mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
O'k I would love to get real equipment to help me pass my CCNA but getting real equipment is not an option until late 2013 or early 2014. So I have been useing packet tracer and it's ok but eveyone on this fourm keeps talking about Bostom Netsim to pound out commands and labs.

So which is better, Packet Tracker or Boston Netsim ?

Please advise
"A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino

Comments

• goldenlightgoldenlight Member Posts: 378 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I recommend buying real equipment as you get towards the end of the course. That way you will have a pretty good idea what you want. Packet Tracer list the most common routers and switches used for the CCNA

I haven't used the boston Simulator, but my favorate simulator is Packet Tracer 5.5.3 It shows the Visual appearance of the switches and Routers. It also shows visuals of different modules you can add to the router to customize it.

There was only 1 command I found I could not use and that was towards the end of the course.
    The Only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it keep looking. Don't settle - Steve Jobs
  • QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    Packet Tracer is enough. You could always ask your Cisco Academy instructor for further clarification.
  • JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Packet Tracer's latest version is 5.5.3 now?
  • MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
    All you need is GNS3 and PT :)
    I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.
  • hakocdshakocds Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i used packet tracert and it is enough but i never used Bostom Netsim, i used GNS3 too is very very good simulator, it works with real pc, with GNS3 u can ping from ur pc to router, u can use it too, download it from www.gns3.net and it will ask u to inter the IOS images, then u must download them from this website www.careercert.info
    see u next.