Attempt at 70-680 ended in failure

TechBearTechBear Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey All,

I've been a lurker on this forum for while now and I want to say that it's helped me so much over the last couple of months for my revision!

I took the 70-680 exam last night and failed with a score of 680 which is such as shame as I so close. I used Measureups, Professor Messor and my own virtualized lab to prepare for this exam but do any of you have any other sources of help to get me over the edge?

Thank you all

Comments

• BloogenBloogen Member Posts: 180 ■■■□□□□□□□
    A breakdown of your score might help. Reading the Technet sections on my weak points always helps me.
  • kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    TechBear wrote: »
    Hey All,

I've been a lurker on this forum for while now and I want to say that it's helped me so much over the last couple of months for my revision!

I took the 70-680 exam last night and failed with a score of 680 which is such as shame as I so close. I used Measureups, Professor Messor and my own virtualized lab to prepare for this exam but do any of you have any other sources of help to get me over the edge?

Thank you all

Take a look at IT Free Training | Where free means free and see if it gives you the extra info you need. Also check out don poultons book. I did a lot of labbing on dism/imagex switches so that I knew when one needed to be used and didn't. I also paid close attention to USMT switches. Knowing what each switch does will for the most part get you through the test. Atleast it did for me. I was able to rule out which switch was needed to accomplish tasks for dism and USMT.

Hope that helps.
  • sandun_kgsandun_kg Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Even i failed the exam today .... 640.
    Planning to re-do it within a week or 2
  • TechBearTechBear Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey all,

kriscamaro68 thanks for the additonal material! I've been revisiing with other things and I'm planning to take the exam on Friday. Apologies for a lack of a breakdown on my score, when I finished the exam there was an issue with the machine I was using and I couldn't get access to my score report. Anyway, hope I can pass this exam on Friday!
  • franco67franco67 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm planning to take this test too sorry to hear you fail. so what are your weakness ?
    did you get alot of question on imaging, WAIK, ?
  • ScOULarisScOULaris Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I feel your pain, man. I studied for a solid two weeks, using video tutorials and an assortment of other online resources. The exam felt like it was going really well, and it seemed easier than I had expected. As you could imagine, I was shocked when I saw that "You did not pass the exam" screen.

Luckily I came across this site shortly thereafter, and I am going to utilize all of the awesome resources shared by everyone on this forum in preparation for the retake.

The 70-680 is no joke. It's much harder than a lot of people probably expect going into it as an entry-level Windows 7 exam.
  • mguilmotmguilmot Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Many people fail the first one (680 for Win7, and 640 for Win200icon_cool.gif I think because going too lightly over it. I did the MCSA Win7 and 2008, and I thought that both of these (640 & 680) were the toughest ones, because you need to know the details about a whole lot of different stuff. I used the books for both these exams, the other exams I did not read the books, but had video trainings (CBT and train signal), and a lot of technet reading. Make sure you really understand what is written in what you are reading. If you even have the slightest doubt, go read to double check. As it might make you gain or miss that final 20 points you need to hit that 700 mark icon_smile.gif