CCENT Subnetting on test

Node ManNode Man Member Posts: 668 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi Everybody,
I understand that there is 50 (or 60?) questions on the CCENT test. How many are subnetting questions, the in your head math type?

Thanks

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    No one can tell you how many of what type of questions they had on the exam. That would be a violation of the NDA everyone agrees to with Cisco when they take the exam.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Node ManNode Man Member Posts: 668 ■■■□□□□□□□
    oh my! im sorry. i had no idea that there is a NDA. i have been studying for almost 3 months and have never seen NDA mentioned. I withdraw my inquiry.
  • RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I think you may be going at this the wrong way, Node Man:

You don't have to do any subnetting questions in your head. I say this with one caveat The faster and more accurate you do subnetting, the faster you can knock out a variable in any question you receive. Ranges, Hosts, Numbers. You'll be expected to know everything but VLSM for subnetting - which is to say, CCNAers know subnetting like CCENTers.

The faster you can do subnetting, the better. Subnetting gives easy EASY points. It takes time and practice. But once you have it, Pfft. I wanted the exam to give me more math problems.

I don't know about you but for spending a few minutes every day subnetting is a lot less stressful than me going into an exam thinking "I don't know this." I want to go into an exam saying "Exam? What exam? That thing there? It was a conversation- No sweat." It's stressful to go into any exam knowing you deliberately didn't do something. Especially when you know that the question most likely won't be a simple equation: What's 2 + 2? If you catch my drift.

Even if (which a smart person won't) we could tell you how many questions you'd get, it wouldn't help. A lot of the questions will ask you subnetting in a round about way, where subnetting is a portion of the larger picture. For example: Troubleshoot this network. Yep. It doesn't work, find out why.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Node ManNode Man Member Posts: 668 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Roguetadhag,
    Thank you for the reply. You always give good answers. I dont fear the math. I love me some subnetting, i was hopping for many questions for some easy points icon_smile.gif but no i dont want to risk NDA problems!

Thanks again