Options

A few questions about the lab

rakemrakem Member Posts: 800
As my lab date approaches I have a few questions I'd like to know the answer too.

1) I know we get access to the Cisco documentation area... I'm assuming it is some type of 'offline' version. Is it this?
Select Your Product or Technology - Product/Technology Support - Cisco Systems

2) In the INE WB2 labs it states that no partial credit is given.. Is this the same as in the real lab?
For example - say they ask me to configure sometime simple like SNMP, and part of the question is to configure a SNMP location.
What if i forgot to do the SNMP location, but everything else is correct.... Would I get the whole section wrong or just miss a couple of points for that section?

I think that's it for now
icon_smile.gif
CCIE# 38186
showroute.net

Comments

• Options
    ZartanasaurusZartanasaurus Member Posts: 2,008 ■■■■■■■■■□
    1) I believe this is correct. Everything or most everything under Products.
    2) All or nothing.
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
    Mastering VMWare vSphere 5​ 42.8%
  • Options
    reaper81reaper81 Member Posts: 631
    1) Yes, that is the page you have access to. You can't download PDFs if you are used to doing that. You need to know where to find the links. You can search by doing ctrl+f.
    2) All or nothing, remember that it's a script that grades you so everything is output based. For everything you configure you should know how to check it with a show command.

We could do this like a FAQ for CCIE lab but only questions that don't violate NDA of course.
    Daniel Dib
    CCIE #37149
  • Options
    Can you add bookmarks to the browser? I have 4 bookmarks to various parts of the DocCD depending on what it is I want...
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
  • Options
    reaper81reaper81 Member Posts: 631
    Never tried it but you should not have to do that. What I usually do is read through the entire lab and try to open up the sections where I think I might need some assistance later on.
    Daniel Dib
    CCIE #37149
  • Options
    Another thought I just had... What IOS will the devices be running, I assume a 12.4 version?
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    12.4(15)t9
    12.2(44)se

:)
    Currently reading:
    IPSec VPN Design 44%
  • Options
    OK good... I have been doing a bit with IOS 15 and some of the commands are different or don't exist.
    Glad it's still using 12.4 for the lab.
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    If you're taking the Routing & Switching exam, it looks like you'll be tested on 12.4(T) for the routers and 12.2 for the switches:
    Cisco.com wrote:
    Lab Equipment and IOS
    The lab exam tests any feature that can be configured on the equipment and the IOS versions indicated below. You may see more recent IOS versions installed in the lab, but you will not be tested on the new features of a release unless indicated below.

Version 4.0
    • 1841 series routers - IOS 12.4(T) – Advanced Enterprise Services
    • 3825 series routers - IOS 12.4(T) – Advanced Enterprise Services
    • Catalyst 3560 Series switches running IOS version 12.2 - Advanced IP Services

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□