Options

Failed CCNA today :((

palitpalit Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
Yes and wondering whether I will pass it anyway.

Would be helpful if i get to know what mock exams to take and from where to buy them.I ran out of time.Should have taken more mock test to work on the speed.Topics were known to me but in 20 mins i figured out I had to answer more than 30 questions and so I had to hurry.
Was a traumatic experience!!!!icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Comments

• Options
    ciscoman2012ciscoman2012 Member Posts: 313
    palit wrote: »
    Yes and wondering whether I will pass it anyway.

Would be helpful if i get to know what mock exams to take and from where to buy them.I ran out of time.Should have taken more mock test to work on the speed.Topics were known to me but in 20 mins i figured out I had to answer more than 30 questions and so I had to hurry.
    Was a traumatic experience!!!!icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Depending on the resources you've used (The Cisco Press books) usually come with Boson practice exams located in the rear of the book on a CD. Also, you can always check out Boson's website and purchase practice exams there as well. I liked them because they had an interactive simulator much like the CCNA exams that test your CLI knowledge/troubleshooting methodologies.

As always, have a bunch of lab time for the CCNA (whether it's real gear or PacketTracer/GNS3) but be sure you're comfortable with the CLI commands. Most of them should be second nature to you and you should know multiple ways to show information - as certain commands may be blocked (show run or show start)

Biggest thing to do is keep your head up and push until it's done. I've failed many exams (most were much easier than CCNA) and that's even worse. You need to keep in the game mentally - don't check out until you have the CCNA in hand.
  • Options
    swildswild Member Posts: 828
    The Boson Ex-Sim Max is totally worth the purchase price. Looks like Boson now has some courseware available that they didn't have 6 months ago. I really used the Safari Bookshelf for some good study guides including one called something like Exam Cram that was perfect for reviewing the half hour before the exam. It took me several tries before passing ICND2. Don't give up.