Options

Remote Access Solution?

Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
I am looking to find a remote access solution so that I can log into my computer from home while at work. I understand there are variables that will have an effect on what I am trying to do. In the past I have used No-IP.com - Managed DNS - Free Dynamic DNS - Managed Email - 100% Uptime Guaranteed to setup my the connection and then I could simply RDP into my home machine. I can't seem to be able to do that here at my new job. We must be blocking the connection somehow, either via the protocols RDP uses or the IP address.

Thanks for any information you may have!
Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
"Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi

Comments

• Options
    ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    We must be blocking the connection somehow
    If it is an entity other than yourself putting those restrictions in place, then you want to check with management/that team for a permission before trying to circumwent that access control. It's there for a reason, you know...
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs
  • Options
    J_86J_86 Member Posts: 262 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I don't understand why some people feel the need to play the network police. He asked a question, not your opinion of why he should not do it? We are all adults, we can make decisions for ourself.

Anyway.

I have used Teamviewer a lot, even at work when I can verify they have an internet connection but are having VPN issues.
    TeamViewer - Free Remote Control, Remote Access & Online Meetings

Also LogMeIn has a free version, never used that personally thought.
    https://secure.logmein.com/
  • Options
    ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    J_86 wrote: »
    I don't understand why some people feel the need to play the network police.
    Because some of us actually are network police. And this is one of the most common things I see people getting in trouble for - some, unfortunately, by ignorance, others by "being adults" and making the decision to circumvent security restrictions. The idea for the warning is that it helps the former part of the group grow smaller.
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs
  • Options
    arwesarwes Member Posts: 633 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I use the Logmein free version, works great!
    [size=-2]Started WGU - BS IT:NDM on 1/1/13, finished 12/31/14
    Working on: Waiting on the mailman to bring me a diploma
    What's left: Graduation![/size]
  • Options
    J_86J_86 Member Posts: 262 ■■□□□□□□□□
    (Akn: Quote removed)

....... icon_rolleyes.gif