icnd 1 ccent passed

xzaxza Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
930+

Watched all cbt nuggets icnd 1 videos at 1.7 speed probably 5 nuggets a day, then when i finished vids I read a chapter a day of lammle until the last three chapters which I finished on the same day because the last few chapters were short. Started odom book 3rd edition, chapter a day, once a chapter was completed I would watch the relevant nuggets. Then after that book was done I took the boson that came with the odom book and what I didn't do well in I reviewed again. I also reviewed stuff that you needed to just memorize like port numbers, cable pin outs for straight through, roll over, and cross over, you just basically need to know pin 1 to 3 and 2 to 6 are a crossover, the other ones are easy to remember. took about 5 weeks because I'm on winter break so I had all the time in the world. I also did my best to remember all the cables like 10baseT or whatever their distances and speed are. During the last few days I wasn't learning anything I didn't already know so I just watched the office for the past two days, figured I knew it or I didn't. OK so the biggest thing I was concerned about was the boson exam that came with odom book. I never got over 80% but I know why people says it's harder than cisco exam, boson wants you to know the TINY details like is it clock rate 65000 or clockrate 65000? syntax stuff. You know how to configure clock rate and you know which device it goes on and when to use it, but the stupid stuff like that is why boson is tough. running-config versus running config, anyways.. I didn't actually relax until the 17th question, by then I had a good feeling I'd pass because all the previous answers I had chosen for the first 16 questions I had a reason why I picked them and they were not guesses. any questions? I'll be back in about a half hour, need to mail some stuff! RE-READ THE QUESTION and then READ it again before clicking next to be sure you are answering what the question is asking.

EDIT Forgot to mention I used packet tracer whenever odom book did any configurations. It got tedious but it helps to know how to navigate CLI and implement basic things like ip addresses and ssh.

Operation of data networks | 100%
Implement a small switched network | 93%
Implement an IP addressing scheme | 100%
Implement a small routed network | 79 %
WLAN | 50%
Security Threats | 100%
Implement and verify WAN links | 100%

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • xzaxza Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • fivedollarcouchfivedollarcouch Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats!
    2013 goals (old)
    CCENT (passed) | CCNA | JNCIA-Junos | CCNA:Security | WGU Enrollment

2013 goals (new job means new focus)
    CCENT (passed) | VCP5-DV (class 1st week of april, cert by end of april) | WGU Enrollment | CCNA | MCSA:Server2k8
  • DiggsDiggs Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • RobononRobonon Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Are you planning on jumping right into ICND2?
    Thank you, and it depends.. I have an interview this week with a company I interned at last year. It's a long term temp gig so if I get the job I may wait until I get comfortable there (a month or two) then begin my icnd 2 studies. If I don't get it I'll begin studying this weekend. I have earned the icnd 1 and 2 vouchers from the net academy and the icnd 2 voucher expires June 16 so I hope to be ready by then either way. Thanks for asking.
  • palitpalit Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi,
    I took the CCNA composite exam on the 12th of this month and I failed.Next week I am planning to sit for ICND1.Could you tell me if following Odoms ICND 1 book enough?I have Todd's book as well but all the topics in the book are not required for ICND1 isn't it?Also,how much lab practice is required??
    push it back a few days and finish both books. somewhere in the beginning of the lammle book there's a chart that says which chapters apply to the icnd 1 and which apply to the icnd 2. I suggest you locate it then follow the icnd 1 path. Like I said about the lab practice "I used packet tracer whenever odom book did any configurations. It got tedious but it helps to know how to navigate CLI and implement basic things like ip addresses and ssh."

I also just picked up CCNA Portable Command Guide (2nd Edition)
  • JaydenMoonJaydenMoon Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Awesome!!!! Congrats on the pass Xza