Options

Employee outsourced his own job to China, got busted.

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□

Comments

• Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Future CEO of XYZ company lol
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    LOL I was just about to post this! Dude was bringing in hundreds of thousands of dollars without doing an ounce of work!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    dbrinkdbrink Member Posts: 180
    Work smarter, not harder! LOL
    Currently Reading: Learn Python The Hard Way
    http://defendyoursystems.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    What's the problem he was delivering at a high level. Some people no matter what will never be happy.
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You know what is really funny? Now they will probably outsource all the software development jobs because of the savings!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Companies can outsource.
    Employee should outsource.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I am not a lawyer but this seems like a serious legal issue. Not sure what information the employee had access to but customer/company information being used by an unauthorized company in a different country seems like jail time to me.
  • Options
    ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • Options
    WiseWunWiseWun Member Posts: 285
    I was about to post this story as well. This man is management material!
    "If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original.” - Ken Robinson
  • Options
    ptilsenptilsen Member Posts: 2,835 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The key in the story was that the company in question had to meet requirements for national security. Outsourcing the IT of critical infrastructure or government agencies is not an option.

Had it been an organization that didn't relate to national security, he probably wouldn't have even had to hide it. For doing high-quality work with foreign contractors, they would have likely paid him more and certainly not required him to pay the contractors out of pocket.
    Working B.S., Computer Science
    Complete: 55/120 credits SPAN 201, LIT 100, ETHS 200, AP Lang, MATH 120, WRIT 231, ICS 140, MATH 215, ECON 202, ECON 201, ICS 141, MATH 210, LING 111, ICS 240
    In progress: CLEP US GOV,
    Next up: MATH 211, ECON 352, ICS 340
  • Options
    powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,666 ■■■■■■■■□□
    My first thought was why he didn't have them connect to a system at his house... webcam overlooking the RSA token...

Seriously, why in the hell would you ship your token across the world?!?
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • Options
    W StewartW Stewart Member Posts: 794 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Co-worker sent me a link to this. Brilliant idea in concept but who here hasn't signed a non-disclosure agreement at their job agreeing not to compromise company data? And how many of us have to have badges just to get into the building let alone get access to the company network?
  • Options
    JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I think this person could be screwed big time, though he had a good thing going lol
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]