Options

Failed ICND2 with 819

kweevusskweevuss Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
I took my ICND2 today, I couldn't believe it I was that close. I scheduled the test again next Thrusday. I failed with 819/825

So far all I used Sybex book
Boscon exams
packet tracer
and my home lab

I really feel the only thing I'm missing is the super specific details, there was about 4 questions I had it down to 2 answers and had a to guess between them. I know there was one I went back and about an hour later I think I figured out in my head what I should have picked.

I am going to spend this week again re reading the chapters and trying to find some other practice tests. When I was going through boscon I was getting 85-90% pass.

I am getting frustrated with though, I took the composite CCNA exam about a year ago and I failed that (which was a stupid idea, I just wasn't expecting what I saw on the test, I had taken A+ and Network+ before only) and about 4 months ago I took the ICDN1 and passed it. Im not letting it hurt me though I am going to get it the next time, even if I have to read non-stop for the entire week!icon_study.gif

My lesson learned though, since I have no experience really with real world equipment, I am going to take a class or online videos. I am only 19 and I'm currently trying to get internships with some companies. Right now I have had 4 internships with just helpdesk IT internships, which have been great, but I want to move way past that in my career.

Comments

• Options
    xzaxza Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    >I really feel the only thing I'm missing is the super specific details

Odom book! read it then take again.
  • Options
    JaydenMoonJaydenMoon Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just hang in there Kweevuss - grab the Wendell Odom book ICND2 and fill in the gaps
    if you can push back your reschedule - try and get some cheap equipment to hammer in some of the reading that you will do

good luck in the future :)
  • Options
    kweevusskweevuss Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks! I just purchased the book on my iPad. If I decide next week is too soon I will cancel it. I just learned something in the first few pages I didn't know! But thanks for the help!
  • Options
    gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I second the recommendation for obtaining the Odom ICND2 book. It can prove to be very lengthy but it is very detailed. I noticed some details in the Odom I did not read or hear anywhere else...
    Goals for 2015: CCNP
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Hey, INE has free streaming CCNA & CCNA: VOICE videos.

CCNA Associate Course - 640-802

I had a score of five points less than you. I was also not happy about it because I also felt that some of the questions weren't really good.

You can do this :)
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    iamme4evaiamme4eva Member Posts: 272
    +1 for the Odom books. They got me through!

Keep that positive attitude, sure you'll be fine next time!

The INE videos have already been recommended, there's a heap of stuff on YouTube too. Although I found that videos were great for overview and concepts but the Odom books were great for the nitty gritty stuff to fill in the gaps.
    Current objective: CCNA Security
    My blog: mybraindump.co.uk