Options

Roderick smith's new book

ally_ukally_uk Member Posts: 1,145 ■■■■□□□□□□
http://www.amazon.co.uk/CompTIA-Linux-Study-Guide-LX0-101/dp/1118531744/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1358470803&sr=8-2

Has anyone picked this up yet? I have the old version just wanting to know if it would be worth getting this
Microsoft's strategy to conquer the I.T industry

" Embrace, evolve, extinguish "

Comments

• Options
    timmetimme Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ally_uk wrote: »
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/CompTIA-Linux-Study-Guide-LX0-101/dp/1118531744/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1358470803&sr=8-2

Has anyone picked this up yet? I have the old version just wanting to know if it would be worth getting this

I also have the old version, and have just passed the CompTia Exam (on Friday), so if you are wondering if you need the new version to pass, my answer would be that the old version is perfectly adequate (it formed the basis for my studies).

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    ally_ukally_uk Member Posts: 1,145 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Many Thanks :) What did you use for study materials and how did you take? did you do alot of labbing need some pointers
    Microsoft's strategy to conquer the I.T industry

" Embrace, evolve, extinguish "
  • Options
    NbiserNbiser Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have both the new and the old book, and I think that the new book is better overall. Its laid out better and seems to be clearer and easier to read than the old version. Not that I've read it too much, but so far it seems better. However, the old book is probably sufficient to pass the test with.
  • Options
    ajmatsonajmatson Member Posts: 289
    Has anyone else noticed the new book has no CD with the PDF or am I missing something? I downloaded the extra material from the site but there was no PDF in it. I usually load the PDF on my tablet for when I cannot lug the book around icon_sad.gif
    Working on currently:
    Masters Degree Information Security and Assurance (WGU) / Estimated 06/01/2016
    Next Up: CCNP Routing Exam | Certified Ethical Hacker Exam
    Cisco Lab: ASA 5506-X, GNS3, 1x 2801 Router, 1x 2650XM, 1x 3750-48TS-E switch, 2x 3550 EMI Switches and 1x 2950T swtich.
    Juniper Lab: 1x SRX100H2, 1x J2320 (1GB Flash/1GB RAM, JunOS 11.4R7.5), and 4 JunOS Firefly vSRX Routers in VMWare ESXi 5.1
  • Options
    LinuxInAlaskaLinuxInAlaska Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The only pdf I could find was for the glossary. Maybe they are thinking that if we really want a electronic version of the book, we can purchase the kindle version that is available.
  • Options
    ajmatsonajmatson Member Posts: 289
    The only pdf I could find was for the glossary. Maybe they are thinking that if we really want a electronic version of the book, we can purchase the kindle version that is available.

Nothing like taking away what we are accustomed too icon_sad.gif I will be damned if I pay twice for the same book :)
    Working on currently:
    Masters Degree Information Security and Assurance (WGU) / Estimated 06/01/2016
    Next Up: CCNP Routing Exam | Certified Ethical Hacker Exam
    Cisco Lab: ASA 5506-X, GNS3, 1x 2801 Router, 1x 2650XM, 1x 3750-48TS-E switch, 2x 3550 EMI Switches and 1x 2950T swtich.
    Juniper Lab: 1x SRX100H2, 1x J2320 (1GB Flash/1GB RAM, JunOS 11.4R7.5), and 4 JunOS Firefly vSRX Routers in VMWare ESXi 5.1
  • Options
    hazizhaziz Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have both the old and new editions. The differences are absolutely minimal and you have to look very closely to find them. If you have the old edition then I would suggest not bothering with the new one. If buying for the first time then there is obviously no harm in getting the new one.