Options

Win8 Pro going up to 199.99 starting Feb 1st

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
So sales are below M$ expectations, so they are going to raise the cost - Want to upgrade to Windows 8 Pro? Do it this month or face paying up to $200 | TabTimes

Comments

• Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'm still surprised that they are surprised.

How many out there are actually upgrading? I'm happy with Win7.
  • Options
    forestgiantforestgiant Member Posts: 153
    Anybody else thinks MS is gonna reverse decision and offer it at or lower than $40 after February 1st? Windows 8 is not a rare specimen, demand is not where MS thinks it should be, and it's not 'special' either.
  • Options
    atorvenatorven Member Posts: 319
    Why would you pay that much for Windows 8 when you can get Windows 7 for way cheaper? How does this move make sense, talk about shooting yourself in the foot. As someone said, you can buy a tablet for that price.
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I got Windows 7 at a intro price at launch. I thought Windows always costs that much and that the intro price was for a limited time only.
  • Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    Windows 8 is not a rare specimen, demand is not where MS thinks it should be, and it's not 'special' either.

-Said by nearly everyone prior to Win8's release. icon_cheers.gif
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    I have to say I'm pretty happy with Windows 8 so far. Took a day to adjust but as soon as you get to the desktop the whole Metro interface is just a giant start menu that stays out of your way.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm happy with windows 7 ;)
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens