Bcs/iseb cismp

rishrish Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I'm looking to take the BCS/ISEB CISMP exam and cannot find any decent mock exams. The only one I have found was on the BCS site but it only had 20 questions.

BCS/ISEB : Certificate in Information Security Management Principles | Certificate in Information Security Management Principles | Foundation | IT Governance and Information Security | Certifications | BCS Certifications

Has anyone taken this exam and have any mock exams, or know where I can find some?
If any one has passed this exam then how did you prepare for it and how much time did you take ?

Thanks.
Rish

Comments

• PozziePozzie Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

I did the PCIRM Course/certification back in 2008 and they provided a full mock exam the day before we sat the real one. This was a bootcamp style 5 day event.

I'm assuming you are pursuing this on the self-study path so the the only thing I can recommend is maybe approaching one of the principal tutors of the CISMP. He works for Ultima Consulting in the UK and I can provide you with his name if you want to contact him via Linkedin. (He also teaches the PCIRM). Unfortunately I havn't retained his Ultima email address.

The BCS can be a bit slow responding.
  • rishrish Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Pozzie wrote: »
    Hi,

I did the PCIRM Course/certification back in 2008 and they provided a full mock exam the day before we sat the real one. This was a bootcamp style 5 day event.

I'm assuming you are pursuing this on the self-study path so the the only thing I can recommend is maybe approaching one of the principal tutors of the CISMP. He works for Ultima Consulting in the UK and I can provide you with his name if you want to contact him via Linkedin. (He also teaches the PCIRM). Unfortunately I havn't retained his Ultima email address.

The BCS can be a bit slow responding.

Hi Pozzie,
    Thanks for your reply.
    I would appreciate if you can provide me with the details of the principal tutor so that I can connect with him on Linkedin.
    Hi Rish,

as we're both new users we can't use the PM facility currently so the easiest way for me to give you his details is via this link for speakers at a COSCC Conference last year: COSAC - About the Speaker

Search/look for the only representative from Ultima Risk Consulting with initials MS. If you click his link you can see his bio and affiliation with the BCS and the Certificate in Information Security Management Principles.

I'm sure he'll reply via Linkedin. Good luck!
  • rishrish Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks very much Pozzie. I've send him a request on LinkedIn.

Cheers,
    Rishabh
    No problem Rishabh,

I'm sure he'll provide some useful guidance. Good luck with the exam!
  • ShakeelDesaiShakeelDesai Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Rish,

It seems I'm in the same position you were in a few months ago, any useful info you can pass this way? ie Mock exam questions, tips, hints etc etc.

Cheers

SD
  • alexb22alexb22 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi!, I'm also in the same position, due to take the CISMP exam in October however have now completed the 20 mock questions and can't seem to find any others on the internet. After reading this post I've contacted the person mentioned in previous posts - did he get back to you at all? Thanks, Alex :D
  • cfrasercfraser Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi, did anyone managed to source some mock CISMP exams? Would be grateful for any help on this.

C.