Options

I need a good CCENT book!

hltellehltelle Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all!

I am studying for my ccent and need to get ahold of a good book. I am studying with INE Videos along with IT University online with the Cisco Bundle. I have Packet Tracer to do my simulations on along with two Cisco 1811's. Does anyone know of a good book to go along with these videos or atleast is good study materials and sample tests and labs????? I know there are many on the internet but cant trust the reviews.

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Options
    xzaxza Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    fivedollarcouchfivedollarcouch Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ivanjam linked the CCENT for dummies book, and all joking aside i recommend it. its not perfect on its own, but i found that it was a perfect companion to the CBTNuggets videos (should go well with the INE ones as well).

CBTNuggets, CCENT for dummies, and some packettracer labs and practice is all i needed to slay ICND1. hope that helps
    2013 goals (old)
    CCENT (passed) | CCNA | JNCIA-Junos | CCNA:Security | WGU Enrollment

2013 goals (new job means new focus)
    CCENT (passed) | VCP5-DV (class 1st week of april, cert by end of april) | WGU Enrollment | CCNA | MCSA:Server2k8
  • Options
    Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    This month, Todd Lammle released the second edition of his popular CCENT book. Which is basically a slimmed version of his popular CCNA book.

I plan on using it for CCENT and then his CCNA book when i need it.
    Its lighter and newly revised. And if you email him, he'll hook you up with bonus material.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Options
    iamme4evaiamme4eva Member Posts: 272
    xza wrote: »

I love that link. Amazing.

I learnt with Odom's Official Cert Guide - but really it's down to you. Depends on your learning style, there's no one book fits all solution.
    Current objective: CCNA Security
    My blog: mybraindump.co.uk
  • Options
    MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Glen Clarke's Dummies CCENT guide is excellent and a nice easy read. I think if you couple this with Router Alley and CBT Nuggets or Chris Bryant's video series this is more than enough for even a beginner.
    I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Have you considered the Cisco Networking Academy? It is fairly cheap and in my opinion it is a great way to study. I passed my Cisco exams only with the help of the Academy. What's more, you always have the benefit of an instructor who can answer your questions and help you out.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.