Study tips.

vsanchez104vsanchez104 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just ordered the Exam Cram 801 and 802 A+ book from Amazon. Now I know I just can't read over it and expect to remember everything so I come to you guys to ask for some study tips.

Comments

• BryzeyBryzey Member Posts: 260
    -Write notes as you go, make flash cards if that's your thing.

-print off the exam objectives and tick them off as you feel comfortable with that topic.

-Supplement with another book to get multiple authors opinions on topics

-supplement with some videos such as professor messer. He has study groups once a month which are interactive.

-get hands on. If your reading about motherboards pull your pc apart and look at the motherboard, point out slots etc

-be active on techexams. Gives some motivation to keep pushing and the ability to ask any question and have an answer within 24 hours is a good community to be apart of.

-download a couple of iPhone/android practice questions apps and whenever you have a short 5-10 minutes try to knock off 25 questions if you don't have any other study material on you.
  • TCainnnTCainnn Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    My problem was that I was reading the A+ book and not actually studying the material. I have the Mike Myers passport book that includes multiple choice questions at the end of the chapter. I noticed that I would get some of the questions wrong because I wasn't actually taking notes and re-reading the material. I would write notes on the important topics in the chapter and also try to use more than one way of studying. Professor Messor's videos help me after reading a chapter as it helps retain information.
    "Excuses are for the weak. Overcoming is for the strong"
  • vsanchez104vsanchez104 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the advice :D I expect the book to get to me on Friday and begin reading it over the weekend
  • TCainnnTCainnn Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the advice :D I expect the book to get to me on Friday and begin reading it over the weekend
    Just make sure to make and stick to your study habits.
    "Excuses are for the weak. Overcoming is for the strong"
  • vsanchez104vsanchez104 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    TCainnn wrote: »
    Just make sure to make and stick to your study habits.

It's been a while since I've had to study lol so that's going to be a challenge. But I'm REALLY tired of working these dead end jobs and I'm driven to get a career started.