Passed!

vaguemediavaguemedia Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed the Network+ exam today!

It was a lot of hard work and memorization, and I think it will pay off in the long run. If nothing else, it will make me better at my job.

I really think the test wasn't as hard as it could have been, but it wasn't easy either. The questions were in the same format as the A+.

Now I just need to figure out what I want to study next.

Comments

• BaackBaack Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Wow thats great
    I passed my net plus cert last week

Your right lots to remember
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    @vaugemedia, Welcome to the forums and congrats on the pass. If you've already passed the A+ and just passed the Network+, you might like to consider the Security+. This trio of certs lays a good foundation of knowledge that will help you in just about any IT career path you take. Also, with the Network+ knowledge fresh in your mind, you'll find that you're already close to the Security+ cert.

@Baack, Congrats on the pass.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • n3tworkingjunki3n3tworkingjunki3 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! That's awesome! I'm new at all this....so maybe your expertise can help me!
  • fadhilfadhil Member Posts: 200
    congrats on pass
  • MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Congrats! You were wondering what next to study.. I'd recommend going right into CCNA! Your networking knowledge will really start to expand and N+ provides a nice intro for it.
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Very well done on your pass! what you study next will depend on what interests you and what your job goals are...as well as the time factor required to achieve it. A lot of people on here will naturally do the Security+ because it builds nice on some Network+ stuff and gives you a very good understanding of security not just device driven but planning,best practices and policy which to be honest this level of understanding should be a prerequisite in any IT job.If you feel the IT Security is something you already know a lot through on the job experience then you could consider CCENT/CCNA or an MCTS in say Windows 7. The Cisco stuff is wonderful but don't take my word for it check out stuff too.
    I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.
  • JayBliskJayBlisk Member Posts: 182
    I am doing the Microsoft MCSA right now. I have a couple of friends that are network administrators and they told me to do the Microsoft certs because an entry level position would only be help desk support and I wouldn't use the CCNA in that position. However a CCNA a cert would help you as well. Good luck
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]