Options

70-680 EXAM Saturday - Any final updated tips to look at???

ThePCwizThePCwiz Member Posts: 5 ■■■□□□□□□□
I am EXAM DAY on Saturday.
I have been studying with the Windows 7 Configuration and Windows 7 Admin Handbook, in addition to the CBT series on 70-680.
On a daily basis I am able to figure most issues in my role at work.

Just hoping to receive a little feedback for my final couple days prep.

Thank you

BTW.... I found this forum a few days ago from our Server leader and wish I knew about it sooner :/

Comments

• Options
    dtwilliams24dtwilliams24 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    When I took my exam, a lot of the questions focused in on a few topics; imaging and deployment, BitLocker/AppLocker, and DirectAccess. On the imaging and deployment, knowing the command line syntax and switches will certainly benefit you. Sounds like you have covered a lot of preparatory bases, just read through the questions and take your time - best of luck!
  • Options
    jamzhilljamzhill Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    pcwiz, you likely won't have time for labs or read through books the day before the exam. i would recommend focusing on practice questions. you should be able to find plenty of free resources if you don't mind digging. a few more topics you will likely see on the exam: BranchCache, Windows Update, Backups, UAC, BCDEdit and configuring VHDs. good luck!
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I'm going to agree with jamzhill on this one and say that you may want to take a practice quiz or two, and see where you stand. If you're looking for some more notes to study from, you could always check out the 70-680 sticky thread in our Windows 7 forum.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    ThePCwizThePCwiz Member Posts: 5 ■■■□□□□□□□
    JUST PASSED 70-680 exam today
    I scored an 820 on the exam.
    For anyone who is looking to take the exam, be prepared....be prepared!
    I have studied on my own and in the workplace and still found it a little more difficult than I'd hope for.
    Learn the materials and functions inside Win7 - only way. The questions were asked in a way to make you think; even the easy ones at times.
    I am rather proud of myself, this is my first Microsoft certification....but not my last.
    Good luck to anyone who is going in the 70-680 exam
  • Options
    nosoup4unosoup4u Member Posts: 365
    Congrats, that's a good score enjoy a little R&R and get back to it!
  • Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @ThePCwiz - Congrats, my friend - that was no mean feat! icon_thumright.gif
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    AlexCrossAlexCross Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! This was a tough exam.
  • Options
    mr_tech_ukmr_tech_uk Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Falcon56Falcon56 Member Posts: 94 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I took it yesterday and scored an 800. I used TestOut, SkillSoft and really hammered the ITFreeTraining videos. From the "it'll never happen to me again" files, the BrancheCache, BitLocker and deploying an image questions I got were all the videos I had re-reviewed over the weekend.

One thing I'm a little disappointed about is the fact that my organization is migrating to Windows 7 Professional. So all the studying I did for DirectAccess (we use a Cisco VPN client), BitLocker (we have a 3rd party encryption software), AppLocker and BrancheCache is stuff (if I stay with my current organization) that I just don't use.

However, it is nice to get this one under my belt. On to the 70-685 next.

Congrats on passing your exam. That is a nice score!