Options

Certified Data Management Professional?

RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
Has anyone here ever heard of and taken the Certified Data Management Professional? It does look like an interesting vendor neutral cert for information systems professionals.

Check out the link here.

Comments

• Options
    petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    Remedymp wrote: »
    Has anyone here ever heard of and taken the Certified Data Management Professional? It does look like an interesting vendor neutral cert for information systems professionals.

Only quoting because my Reply to Thread button wasn't working. icon_sad.gif

Interesting certificate. I only found one job in the whole US on a major job board that requested this cert, but given this organization is worldwide maybe it will become more recognized. It's the first time I'd heard of this organization, and I've been at this a few more years than I'd want to admit. :D

I would say-- if this certificate aligns well with other career goals you have and you're willing to "sell" it in your career progression, go for it. Otherwise, work on more well known certs in the interim.

I do like what the cert covers, though. Tempting.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • Options
    RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
    petedude wrote: »
    Only quoting because my Reply to Thread button wasn't working. icon_sad.gif Interesting certificate. I only found one job in the whole US on a major job board that requested this cert, but given this organization is worldwide maybe it will become more recognized. It's the first time I'd heard of this organization, and I've been at this a few more years than I'd want to admit. :D I would say-- if this certificate aligns well with other career goals you have and you're willing to "sell" it in your career progression, go for it. Otherwise, work on more well known certs in the interim. I do like what the cert covers, though. Tempting.
    There are actually 6 jobs that from dice that list the cert;

1) Data Architect

2) Informatica Developer

3) Data Quality Analyst

4) Database Engineer

5) Business Analyst

6) Data Quality Analyst
  • Options
    filkenjitsufilkenjitsu Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    In my opinion, certifications exist for two reasons: to validate one's knowledge and to be used as a final goal when pursuing the knowledge of a subject.

If you are pursuing the first goal, it is important to pursue the most valuable certificate/knowledge based on your career goals and industry that will make you the most money. Some career fields only have very new certifications that are not very well known, but still accomplish validating your knowledge in a field as a benchmark to receive a higher salary.

If you are pursuing knowledge as a personal goal with certification being the self validation and motivational tool to know a subject well, than any certification will do.

My advice: pursue the certifications well known in your industry that will get you the most money.
    CISSP, CCNA SP
    Bachelors of Science in Telecommunications - Mt. Sierra College
    Masters of Networking and Communications Management, Focus in Wireless - Keller