Options

cbt nuggets jeremy vs keith

GOZCUGOZCU Member Posts: 234
Guys I am thinking to buy CBT Nuggets CCNA Security series. What i realized from the preview of the video is; the teacher is now different. I liked how Jeremy teaches and disappointed when i realized that the new CCNA Security is not thought by him.

Anyone bought the 640-554 series from cbt nuggets nowadays ? what are your opinions ?

Comments

• Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Keith Barker is awesome. He is one of the best. I was shocked when he left INE. Jeremy has his style and keith has his, but I feel Keith is much stronger on the products than Jeremy
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    chaser7783chaser7783 Member Posts: 154
    Are you buying the yearly deal? They used to sell the one month package but I no longer see it on the site. I too am looing to buy the 640-554, but all I see is the examcram and yearly subscription.
    GOZCU wrote: »
    Guys I am thinking to buy CBT Nuggets CCNA Security series. What i realized from the preview of the video is; the teacher is now different. I liked how Jeremy teaches and disappointed when i realized that the new CCNA Security is not thought by him.

Anyone bought the 640-554 series from cbt nuggets nowadays ? what are your opinions ?
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I don't know, both have their own types of styles, as noted above. I like ADHD style of Jeremy. One thing about Keith's style is that all his typing is done before hand. There's no mistakes. If you watch him 'type' out command it's all done like a macro, not like a teacher actually doing it and showing me that they know the material. Even though this thought can be a illusion as it's recorded and be redone and the like.

But they're good sources, I just prefer Jeremy.
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    GOZCUGOZCU Member Posts: 234
    chaser7783 wrote: »
    Are you buying the yearly deal? They used to sell the one month package but I no longer see it on the site. I too am looing to buy the 640-554, but all I see is the examcram and yearly subscription.

same here, couldnt find anything except "yearly subscription" ... out of my power
  • Options
    sizeonsizeon Member Posts: 321
    As much as i like Jeremy, Keith gets my vote. Keith goes into the material deeper. And plus, he is the author of the cisco press security book.
  • Options
    jdancerjdancer Member Posts: 482 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm watching both the 640-554 and GNS3 videos by Keith Barker. He's a great instructor. Both have their own styles. Both are great.
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Well I used Keith's series to pass my exam and if I'd used Jeremy's I would have passed too. Both are great instructors, and I find their style quite similar.

I do find the "macro" he uses to auto input the text a bit disconcerting sometimes, and preferred Jeremy's "Let's do it, oh wait, I've made a mistake, but this is how you fix that" approach. You don't get that so much with Keith, but the content is amazing and he does come up with some good analogies.

Though, my favourite moment has to be when Jeremy shouted "PHONE" randomly in one of the CCNP videos from a few years back :)
  • Options
    YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    IMO nobody can match Jeremy, but Keith is a good teacher and has great enthusiasm for the material. The nice thing about the 640 554 videos is that Keith also co-authored the Cisco Official Cert Guide, so they go together very well.
  • Options
    BobMeadBobMead Member Posts: 55 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Keith is Wyatt Earp to Jeremy's Doc Holliday.haha!
    I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.
  • Options
    grechygrechy Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    keith is good, the only thing I don't like is that he uses the comment alot when going through the configs.

if you aren't concentrating 100% it can make it a little hard to follow at first.

ect

!AAA New model to enable AAA
    AAA new model
    !Create users
    username....
  • Options
    PsychoFinPsychoFin Member Posts: 280
    I love them both, but am starting to like Keith more and more. Loved his subletting mastery presentation at Cisco Live 2012 together with Scott Morris. They co-wrote the ccna security book together too.
  • Options
    sizeonsizeon Member Posts: 321
    Keith was also the instructor for INE. That should tell you something.