Wedding Website / RSVP / Gallery etc.

jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
Does anyone know of scripts / website templates where guests can RSVP / decline, give number of guests they will be bringing and maybe additional comments (food allergies etc.) plus the option of having a gallery ?

Language doesn't matter - Got both Linux and Windows Server available.

I won't have the skills / time to create something from scratch so any help is highly appreciated ...
My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p

Comments

• EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    You should be able to find modules to do all that pretty easily with Drupal.
  • gunbunnysouljagunbunnysoulja Member Posts: 353
    Doing this site via wordpress and plugins would probably be very easy. I'm not a web dev guy at all, but I recently got familiar with wordpress and absolutely love it.
    WGU BSITStart Date: July 1, 2013
    In Progress: CJV1 (4 CU)
    Transfered: WFV1, TJP1, CLC1, INC1, INT1, EUP1, EUC1, BVC1, GAC1, DHV1, DIV1, CWV1, CRV1, DEV1, CTV1, DJV1, IWC1, IWT1, CVV1, RIT1, CIC1, CJC1, TBP1, TCP1, EAV1, EBV1, TJC1, AGC1 (82 CU)
    Completed: MGC1, TPV1, CUV1 (14 CU)
    Remaining: BOV1, BNC1, TXP1, TXC1, TYP1, TPC1, SBT1, QZT1 (22 CU)

• Imran_HaiderImran_Haider Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Doing this site via wordpress and plugins would probably be very easy. I'm not a web dev guy at all, but I recently got familiar with wordpress and absolutely love it.

I agree with this.. drupal is not that easy for less skill person but wordpress is far more easy and specially after creation its easy to edit and update....
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Check out SquareSpace Build a Website - Squarespace

I do my blog on their site and they have excellent templates that automatically do responsive design for mobile devices. I've started hosting my personal blog there. Robert Kaucher

Their image gallery feature is flipping awesome!
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks Guys, I will have another look at Drupal / Wordpress .. completely forgot about them. Last time I used them they were horrible. Maybe I am a bit biased because I am working with vbulletin for 10+ years now.

RoberKaucher: Not quite what I was looking for but thanks. I have my own server and don't really need anything hosted...
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • nosoup4unosoup4u Member Posts: 365
    I made our wedding website with a godaddy domain that used Joomla, had everything you wanted for about 10 bucks + the domain name.
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    jibbajabba wrote: »
    RoberKaucher: Not quite what I was looking for but thanks. I have my own server and don't really need anything hosted...
    I figured you would want to do selfhosting based on your original post but I figured I should put it out there just because of the mobile aspect. They automatically store multiple copies of your images at different resolutions to fit to the different mobile devices. I've tested it on a few different mobile systems and I like it a lot. Of course my template is a blog one there are others. I used to do some self-hosting. I have a higher speed connection and a static IP. It just got to be a bit tedious in spring when we would have power outages and my server would go down for hours.

I also hosted my own Exchange using SBS. It just got to be too much work for the return I was getting, which was basically none.