Options

Your typical work day.

2»

Comments

• Options
    AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    I'm 100% caffeine-powered. ;)

About 7 or 8 years ago I had a bad reaction from too much caffeine. Very little sleep and too much caffeine just drove my mind over the edge. I ended up with some serious anxiety attacks/depression which left me unable to sleep for more than 2 or 3 hours a night for about 6 months.

I can drink a caffeinated drink every once in a while, but I limit it to one drink about every two weeks. Good times! icon_thumright.gif
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    swild wrote: »
    LOL! No, just no. Couldn't do it for any appreciable amount of time.

I'm sad to say that I have been totally useless for the last 4 months while being unemployed. Could be finished with my CCNP by now, but I have just been enjoying spending time with my wife, catching up on TV shows and video games that I have missed over the past couple of years. I start back to work a week from tomorrow and will have the normal 8am to 5pm routine again. Just having the job in the near future has me working on my SWITCH studies again.

Iris is an inspiration. If she can do it, I should be able to since I'm a year younger. icon_wink.gif

It works for me, was able to knock out CCNA:S in 4 weeks purely on the night study time alone. Hoping to knock out CCNP:S by July/August time, then CCIE Written by October/November. Considering a lab attempt in late 2014 (Sept-Dec)

Waiting to see v5 changes (if any) - then deciding from there.

After that, who knows. I could go silly and go CCIE Voice too as I loved VoIP when I used to manage it.
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    ] "label myself "expert" and not just "professional."

This is the attitude I wish I could get into some of my family. There is a huge difference, and I'm after that expert spot as well. You are working much harder for it than me thou. Big props for your effort.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Expert is what I want as well.
  • Options
    netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
    6:00-6:45 Wake up and get myself and son ready to go, glance over emails and check for emergencies
    6:45-7:30 Drop son off at daycare and drive to work
    7:30-4:30 Everything under the sun in IT plus managing the team
    4:30-5:00 Drive home or to the gym depending on the day
    5:00~12:00 Gym, dinner, time with family, work some more, study (varying amounts of each, each day)
    12:00-6:00 Sleep
  • Options
    ZorodzaiZorodzai Member Posts: 357 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I'm 100% caffeine-powered. ;)I was really struggling for money for my early 20's and fell on some bad times so I feel like I work 2x's as hard to compensate for the lost time and to make sure I never get put in that situation again. On an intellectual level, I know that I'm secure financially and can get a job in almost any location but part of my brain won't accept it unless I get myself to a good ending point where I can correctly label myself "expert" and not just "professional."

I so know that feeling. I should thank you for reminding me why exactly I should continue to work hard. At times it's tempting to get complacent and relax but it's far more important to avoid going back to the bad period I went through in my mid twenties.......
  • Options
    NemowolfNemowolf Member Posts: 319 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I dont even want to post my daily schedule. I look like a slacker compared to most!
  • Options
    coreyb80coreyb80 Member Posts: 647 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Man I really need to kick it in gear to breakthrough in IT because my schedule is blah in my current position.
    WGU BS - Network Operations and Security
    Completion Date: May 2021
  • Options
    glenn_33glenn_33 Member Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
    6:00 - roll out of bed, make coffee, smoke
    8:00 - leave for work
    8:30 - 12:00 - finish up any leftover work
    12:00 - 1:00 - food!
    1:00 -5:30 - various meetings/projects
    6:00 - 10:00 - crack open a 40 and watch the tube

rinse and repeat
    A+/N+/S+/CCNA:RS/CCNA:Sec
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    ok

7:45 get up, get ready play with/ cuddle wife and daughter
    8:30 leave for work
    9:00 work starts - Keep on top of all networking projects and any site redevelopment stuff that needs my attention (so that's all of it)as well as the other I have started because they looked interesting and no one else wanted them. I hate badly organised and inefficient systems that are in place becasue some one can't be bothered to do it right. Plus I like to keep hands on in other areas of IT out side of the network.
    13:00 Lunch
    13:30ish Lunch Ends
    17:30 Finish Work
    6:15 home
    6:15 - 21:00 Family time, dinner, putting little on to bed, watch some thing with wife or just chat.
    21:00 - 22:00 wife goes to bed
    22:00 - 01:30 Play with Networking and any other IT stuff that takes me fancy at the time and study. May be watch an episode of something light hearted for 30min at the end to help wind down.

Loving my life and work right now, never a dull moment, Loads to do, load of projects, loads to learn, and lots of responsibility. I know I could get more money elsewhere, but it would talk a lot to move me from this job right now. in 2018 the redevelopment project ends and I look forward to leaving a glistening state of the art network behind for whoever takes over.

That what I love about working in a company on their network, rather than working on the service/managed services provider side. I see the network as my creation, and like any crafts man I like to be proud of my work, so I put in the effort both inside and outside of work to insure I will be.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.