Options

Should I stop applying to jobs/internships?

davidboydavidboy Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
I graduate with a BS in MIS in May and currently have 1 job and 1 internship both relating to my major. After I graduate I will still have the internship lasting until January 2014.

I am constantly applying for opportunities since I want to find the one that provides the best chance for learning and earning potential. The internship I have right now might land me a full time job but the pay is average. I want to work for a prestigious firm.

Should I keep applying even though most people in my situation wouldnt?

Comments

• Options
    filkenjitsufilkenjitsu Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Try not to burn any bridges. If you were offered an internship and they expect you to stay and complete it, then you really want to think about this. The internship may be one of your most important references or not important at all. If you get a better paying job which offers better opportunity, it would be best to explain it to the person running your internship. Let them know that as you have already graduated your program, you must move on to this new opportunity which would be a full time professional position.

Remember, no guarantees that you will get a full time position out of an internship. They don't HAVE to keep you.
    CISSP, CCNA SP
    Bachelors of Science in Telecommunications - Mt. Sierra College
    Masters of Networking and Communications Management, Focus in Wireless - Keller