Options

Hints contacting EC-Council

Henk-JanHenk-Jan Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Ok, so I passed the CEH exam (312-50vicon_cool.gif last december with self-study. I did CISSP the year before and since that was an exam with about the same lenght (CEH allowed 4 1/2 hours), I feared for the worst.

Turned out things were easier than expected - the truly difficult question came a few weeks later...

I received my certificate stating I am now a CHFIv8: a Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator. Although that's one letter more than CEH I prefer a certificate that states CEH rather than CHFI.

Getting in touch with EC-Council turns out quite hard. I have sent multiple e-mails to multiple addresses, nicely explaining my problem and that I'd want the correct certificate. Not a single response - not a question back, not referring to someone else - nothing.

I tried the following addresses: certsupport@eccouncil.org, customerservice@eccouncil.org, info@eccouncil.org, certmanager@eccouncil.org, eric.lopez@eccouncil.org and delta@eccouncil.org.

I know the latter two aren't even closely related to my issue, but given the lack of response I started adding e-mail addresses of EC-Council staff to get attention to my issue.

Does anybody know of a mail address that can help resolve my issue? Needless to say I am a bit disappointed so far...

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Welcome to TE.

A few things:

- Are you using a free email account? Their page says "WE WILL NOT RESPOND TO FREE E-MAIL ACCOUNTS SUCH AS HOTMAIL, YAHOO, GMAIL, etc. Please write to us using your company e-mail account."
    - Have you tried the "Open a ticket" option in their Contact Us page?
    - Same page lists phone and fax. Have you tried those?
    - Finally, they have a Facebook page. Have you posted there to grab their attention?

I gotta say I'm not very impressed with EC Council.
  • Options
    Henk-JanHenk-Jan Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi cyberguypr, Thanks for your reply - To answer your questions - yes, I used my company account to contact EC Council, no gmail or hotmail. The 'open ticket' option was new to me, I will use that to get in touch with EC Council. And I agree with your statement regarding the overall impression they make. I think I'll opt for a CISA exam this year http://www.techexams.net/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif