Job Interview Help!

pixa241pixa241 Member Posts: 207
Ok so I applied for a network administrator position. I seem to meet most of the requirements. It says a bachelors degree is required if not a combination of work experience and an A+ cert, and I have that and I am currently working towards my Bachelors at WGU. I have 3 years experience maintaining computers at a small local business, but it does not involve windows server. My only experience with Windows server is my labbing done at home. I do not have a CCNA or Cisco experience. I made sure when I applied I only mentioned what I knew. So they got back to me and said they were interested in a phone interview. They want me to send them a copy of my resume with salary requirements. What should I tell them for the salary requirments and how should I say it in the email? Here is the job posting if you guys want to see the job details https://www3.apply2jobs.com/PortfolioRecoveryAssociates/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=11912&CurrentPage=1
WGU Complete: September 2014

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Just tell them what you want to make. No point in beating around the bush.

If you don't care what they pay you then just say salary is negotiable.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • jesseou812jesseou812 Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
    "...copy of my resume with salary requirements."

That is a cute term used to instantly screen you in/out.

Avoid answering and properly negotiate your pay, but that is just me.
  • pixa241pixa241 Member Posts: 207
    jesseou812 wrote: »
    "...copy of my resume with salary requirements."

That is a cute term used to instantly screen you in/out.

Avoid answering and properly negotiate your pay, but that is just me.

That is what I was thinking. I ended up going with this “I do not have a firm ‘salary requirement.’ I am more interested in speaking with you about the opportunity. Once I fully understand the opportunity and we mutually determine that I am a good fit for the position, I am confident we can negotiate a reasonable salary.” and we have the phone interview set for tomorrow. So lets see how it goes.
    WGU Complete: September 2014