Options

128gb Ipad4 with Retina Displays coming next week

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
According to IpadInsight.com the rumor is confirmed. Available starting Tues, Feb 4th. 799 for wifi black/white and 929 for same colors for wifi+ cellular. Available Apple retail, online stores and Apple Authorized resellers.

I can see for business use, but not for personal use. Im barely at half of the 16gb used on my Ipad2.

Comments

• Options
    RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I saw that too this morning. Probably to compete with Surface Pro
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    My first iPad was 64gb and I loved having the freedom of extra space for training videos and such. The price premium for each jump in storage is what keeps me on Android phones with the micro SD card, I mean dang 32gb cards are so cheap and great for music.

I ran into storage problems with 16gb when my son's apps started fighting for space for a few games I liked to keep on the device like Magic the Gathering was over a gig and his Disney Explorer was over a gig as well.

With Android adding or did they already (??) add profiles for tablets I think I would probably end up with nothing less than 32gb tablets from then on if it came to iOS or just buy another tablet due to the price increase sheeesh.
  • Options
    BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Well I just saw the the new incarnation of Nexus 7 is due in May, with full 1080 support, true HD they are calling it. With those being so cheap, I may pick one up if the price point stays the same.
  • Options
    EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    tpatt100 wrote: »
    My first iPad was 64gb and I loved having the freedom of extra space for training videos and such. The price premium for each jump in storage is what keeps me on Android phones with the micro SD card, I mean dang 32gb cards are so cheap and great for music.

I ran into storage problems with 16gb when my son's apps started fighting for space for a few games I liked to keep on the device like Magic the Gathering was over a gig and his Disney Explorer was over a gig as well.

With Android adding or did they already (??) add profiles for tablets I think I would probably end up with nothing less than 32gb tablets from then on if it came to iOS or just buy another tablet due to the price increase sheeesh.

The Microsoft Surface (both RT and Pro) has a microSD card slot on it, as well as a full sized USB port. So multiple options there, as both microSD cards and USB drives are pretty cheap, not to mention light and portable. ;)
  • Options
    Microsoft Surface Pro needs an SD card slot. I saw you only get 19gb free with the 64gb model that's almost criminal to even advertise it as 64gb sheesh.
  • Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    tpatt100 wrote: »
    Microsoft Surface Pro needs an SD card slot. I saw you only get 19gb free with the 64gb model that's almost criminal to even advertise it as 64gb sheesh.

Already has a micro sd slot:
    microSDXC card slot
    Headset jack
    Mini DisplayPort
    Cover port

Thats right off the specs on surface.com for the surface pro.
  • Options
    EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    Everyone wrote: »
    The Microsoft Surface (both RT and Pro) has a microSD card slot on it, as well as a full sized USB port. So multiple options there, as both microSD cards and USB drives are pretty cheap, not to mention light and portable. ;)

It's also exactly what I said. ;)
  • Options
    I know it has one I read the new reviews, what I meant is Microsoft only leaves you 23Gb out of 64GB according to reviews I saw today. (corrected from my earlier post of 19GB). Considering Windows 8 Pro can run native Windows applications you might actually need to use the SD card port where as I would consider it a nice bonus.

Then again only my PC games are the hard drive inhaling programs so maybe 23GB isn't so bad.
  • Options
    spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 890 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Despite the OS foot print, I think the Surface has a better business application and integration with M$ AD.

I've been using the Desktop Win 8 Pro and it would definitely benefit from the touch interface. They seem expensive though, though its obvious it's for what you're getting.