Options

Failed 654 Score :(

Took the test today, my first MS exam and i thought it was well hard! I can see why comptia ones are a walk in the park compared to MS ones.

I had a compleate mind block for past 3-4 weeks and had no urge to study for the exam as it was not staying in my head! but i think this has pushed me to try harder...glad i have a second shot anyhow so ill re-book tommorow.

I can see when people say you really need a job that uses this all the time as reading from a book dont do much ive found icon_sad.gif.

Comments

• Options
    TURTLEGIRLTURTLEGIRL Member Posts: 361
    I'm so so sorry you did'nt pass. I was really with you on this one. Hopefully the second shot will help. Best of luck for next time, don't lose hope. icon_sad.gif
    If you don't know 24 then you don't know Jack!
  • Options
    3000GT3000GT Member Posts: 212
    yeah, im abit gutted but i admit i was well unprepared i though, some the questions i had to guess, if anyone is hoping to pass on CBTs alone are in for a shock, you really need MS press or Sybex to pass this i think.

I got bored of the ms press book but found the sybex great. I think i should use the ms press book though as ive heard this is the ideal study material to pass.

gonna re-take in 3-4 weeks, i want to pass it icon_twisted.gif
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Sorry to hear about the little gitch in your exam path.

Now that you know how the material is presented, I'm sure you will pass it next time.

Good luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    zenboyzenboy Member Posts: 196
    Sorry to hear the bad news. Did you use the Examcram 2 as well?
    Based on the test, do you think the MS Press alone is good enough to cover the exam or you think the Sybes and MS Press together is better?
    G-luck on your retry!
    "In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few" - S.Suzuki
  • Options
    Its a hard call, my mate who took the exam only had CBT nuggets and Exam Cram 2, he passed with a score in the 800`s, i like the sybex book alot, but the ms press sends me to sleep at times icon_sad.gif but im gonna give it another crack and exam cram 2.....

Ive also decided to set up a RIS server to practice on, any ideas how to practice sysprep with what type of image program?
  • Options
    zenboyzenboy Member Posts: 196
    Try Norton Ghost or DriveImage; both are excellent to work at.
    I"m giving myself two weeks of study for this exam. How do it work for the second free try? Do I have to purchase a voucher and show that to Microsoft when I register to the first time in order to get the voucher for the second time (if I fail), or do I just go to Microsoft site and register first before taking the test? How long is the process?
    "In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few" - S.Suzuki
  • Options
    I went to the M$ site and looked up second shot, registered and then called my test thingy prometric, told them i had the promo code and they added the notes to the system to say i had registered, i have to call up today (24hrs after failer so its registered on ms systems) and rebook my free second exam.

Ill give nortan ghost a try i think, i have a few friends with it who im sure will help me out :D